ED please fix the radar and aiming overlays for vR too. CA is so much fun in vR already

darkman222

As the title says. The vR axis have been fixed without any mention in the changelog. Its just the overlays for the radar and the gunsight / radar aiming that is still off.

I dont care if it will just look like an overlayed bitmap in vR with a vignette around. As long as I can jump in an SA15 on a server that supports CA and fire a SAM after the guy who shot me down before I will be satisfied 🙂

Aiming symbology works on isometric view already (except the radar overlay). Hopefully it will be fixed in first person F1 view too.

Edited by darkman222
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you ed for finally fixing VR view, please fiz the overlays so the CA is playable in VR. I really love the CA in the MP, however I have to quit the game and switch to non VR if I want to use it correctly, or fly without VR completely. It doesn't have to be perfect but it needs to be at least useable. 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

We are getting somewhere. I dont know since when it is like that, but although in first person view the crosshair is missing and the lead computing pipper is fixed onto the players head movement, if you switch to isometric view it works as good as in 2D.

You have to aim lower to get the shot because the crosshair in isometric view has no distance-scale on it to compensate for the distance between you and the target. This is the exact same in 2D though.

But technically it seems like it is already working. Although its called isometric view, there seems to be no different field of view in VR. They seem technically the same, just one being outside and the other inside the vehicle. So why cant it just be fixed for the first person perspective too?

Edited by darkman222