Why is my FRAPS frame rate so low?!!

cobrabase

ATTENTION ALL YE WHO USE FRAPS!

I think I found the culprit to my drop in fraps framerates. It's the damndest thing. I found out by accident. I'm not saying this will work with everybody but... here goes.

Last night I did something that solved the problem. I played Silent hunter IV for 10 minutes. Fraps worked great there. I then went back to LOMAC and lo and behold I got framerates of 12. Not great but at least its running. I come ohme today and... same problem. What the hell?

What happened?! Well... unplugged the X52 joystick and sure enough problem is solved. I'll test it again tomorrow but I suspect the Saitek X52 might be sending signals or draining memory. Possible or not... it's happening. Doesn't matter to me at all... when I edit movies I don't use the flight stick anyway.

Try it guys.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

after you've made your topic i decided to try to solve the problem i've plenty of cool games and not being able to make videos of them that began to annoy me a little . i've made a research on Google and i found out that one should set the destination folder of the captured vids on another drive than the one you've your games intalled on . i installed the captures folder on my second IDE and ... sh3 (with Fraps) 60 fps Battlefield 2142 30 fps just happiness expresss003.gif

I have another solution, when Lockon starts, you minimize the game, then with keyboard Ctrl+Alt+Delete, you need to up the priority of the process lockon.exe, in high.

These things happen, reasons of the new CPU multicores and some not compatibilities with Lockon.

Then Lockon and Fraps will work well together.

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits

I have another solution, when Lockon starts, you minimize the game, then with keyboard Ctrl+Alt+Delete, you need to up the priority of the process lockon.exe, in high.

These things happen, reasons of the new CPU multicores and some not compatibilities with Lockon.

Then Lockon and Fraps will work well together.

S!

i already tried doesn't work (for me)

Possible, each PC a different world, I had the same problem, and I could fix it from this way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits

• 3 weeks later...
Possible, each PC a different world, I had the same problem, and I could fix it from this way.

I'll try it. The source of my problem was my Saitek X52. When macros are loaded into it it slows the rate down for some reason... BUT I'll try setting lomac to high priority. I WISH I had another hard drive but I don't at the moment. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Are you recording your vid while flying? If so, try to record the ingame track first, then when you're done with editing, unplug your saitek, launch the track and start fraps

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice © Scooter

Intel Core i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, 32Gb DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti Extreme, VKB Gunfighter MkII + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Panels, TrackIR5