Discrepancy between WPNT LOCATION selected in ME, and position shown on F18 HSI DATA PAGE.

Minijohn

I was doing some testing of the SLAM ER missile on the F18, fired missile successfully in TOO mode and hit both targets in Fire and Forget. I did not use any STP's

I then attempted  the same targets again, this time in PP mode and entered the WPNT DATA for the required WPNT held on the HSI DATA PAGE into the MISSILE MSN PAGE, again in FIRE and FORGET MODE, without STP's, both missiles missed the target by a considerable distance.

I next tried using the LAT LONG co-ords obtained from the F10 MAP in PP MODE and this time in FIRE and FORGET MODE without STP's, successfully hit the targets

I then thought I had made an error entering the co-ords from the HSI DATA page so I tried it again in PP MODE but noticed that the co-ords in the DATA PAGE differed from the co-ords I had got from the F10 map by quite some margin.

I decided to do a quick test and set up the missile using TOO MODE and compare the TARGET INFORMATION on the STORE MSN PAGE to the WPNT information in the HSI DATA page. As can be seen from the two pictures there is a difference from the co-ords on the MSN PAGE and that on the HSI DATA page for the same WPNT. I then checked the co-ords as close as I could using the ME page and found that the LAT LONG in the HSI DATA PAGE differed considerably from the co-ords of the W/PNT in the ME page, strangely the GRID co-ords where very close.

Also the co-ords used by the MSN page where very close to the ones on the ME map.

Just noticed too while checking post the O/S GRID line on the HSI DATA PAGE the  first digit of the GRID is overwriting  the "D" on O/S GRID

stores page.png

HSI DATA.png

Edited by Minijohn

its a different coordinate format

DD°MM'SS.SS"
vs
DD°MM.MMMM'

you can change coordinate format for HSI page to be the same as the JDAM/JSOW/SLAM page on the HSI/AC subpage.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580