Hollywood or realism?

DTWD

Hollywood or realism?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Hollywood or realism?

• Realisim all the way boy...how dare you suggest anything else!?!
    • I have watched so many movies I don't know what is real anymore, I just want cool man!
    • I like my sims real, but I don't know what's right and what's wrong, just make love to my ears.

From a point of view of view of playing a sim like FC do you want it to be cool, real or a mixture of the two?

I am thinking of "tweaking" the sounds a bit as I don't think the stock ones are all that fantastic and I am not a big fan of the replacement sounds either. So I was thinking of doing my own which I may share with the community, but I was wondering how you all felt about their sounds and simming in general?

I tend to like the simulation part and love the attention to detail, but when it comes to sound I know what I like and seeing as I am never going to be sat in a Mig 29 hurtling down the runway I want something that I think is right and sounds fitting but not necessarily correct, but feels right.

Regards

Paul

• Like 1

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any MOD that sounds realistic would be welcomed, but I would stay clear of grandiose fantastic B movie type sound effects.

Their are some videos around where you can clearly hear missile launching from inside the cockpit but I'd assume that all aircraft/missiles sound different and I don't think that's possible in LO ... so; "I want something that I think is right and sounds fitting but not necessarily correct, but feels right." is good target to aim for. :thumbup:

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Cozmo,

That's what I was thinking of doing.

Does anybody know if FC supports surround sound? I know there are files like "engine front" and "engine back" but I think they are just for where the camera is pointed.

Regards

Paul

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cozmo,

That's what I was thinking of doing.

Does anybody know if FC supports surround sound? I know there are files like "engine front" and "engine back" but I think they are just for where the camera is pointed.

Regards

Paul

there are for external sounds

No longer active in DCS...