Full switch upgrade for Thrustmaster Warthog throttle [OTTO, Cutler-Hammer, Honeywell, Mason]

DeadMeat

On 11/16/2022 at 8:07 PM, goccia978 said:

chiedo un aiuto..non devo fare mod, ma si è rotto lo switch dell'aec, e devo sostituirlo, ma non riesco a staccare i tre switch dalla struttura dal warthog; mi potreste aiutare per favore ?

Google translate tells me you're trying to get some toggles out to replace a broken EAC switch... Well to get those switches out you gotta remove the legend plate first from the top. Then you can unscrew the nuts holding the switches in place with a pair of needle nosed pliers. See the pictures earlier in this thread for info.

The toggle switches are soldered to a PCB however so you're going to have to desolder the EAC, find a suitable replacement (look on Ebay) and solder that on.
Alternatives include buying a full new replacement PCB from thrustmaster to drop in or replace the whole board sort of what I've done here. You can use cheap toggles if you'd like - no need to use mil spec.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2023 at 2:30 PM, Randarino2 said:

This is outstanding.....but....my slider switch is causing jittering when I try to zoom in to my planes panels in DCS. Did you find a replacement for the slider switch? 

Randy

Nope didn't swap that one.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 1:30 PM, Randarino2 said:

This is outstanding.....but....my slider switch is causing jittering when I try to zoom in to my planes panels in DCS. Did you find a replacement for the slider switch? 

Randy

Often solved by using a powered USB Hub.