How to display group ou unit coordinates.

clanitho
Go to solution Solved by toutenglisse,

Hi guys,

I would like to be able to display a message in a mission, giving me the MGRS and/or  Lat/Long coordinates of a group or unit when my aircraft flies over an area.
I know how to manage triggers for flying over the area but I have no idea how to get and display target coordinates, does anyone have an example of a mission that would meet my needs?

ps: I don't want to use a Jtac.

Thanks in advance.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

• Solution
1 hour ago, clanitho said:

Hi guys,

I would like to be able to display a message in a mission, giving me the MGRS and/or  Lat/Long coordinates of a group or unit when my aircraft flies over an area.
I know how to manage triggers for flying over the area but I have no idea how to get and display target coordinates, does anyone have an example of a mission that would meet my needs?

ps: I don't want to use a Jtac.

Thanks in advance.

Here is an example. The function used requires MIST to be loaded at mission start. Player's Hornet is directly "on zone" (on the ground) at start and can display coordinates of a group named "Target" using F10 radiomenu.

test-target-info.miz

Edit : if you want to clean up the radiomenu, use this script in a trigger : missionCommands.removeItem({'Target information'})

Edited by toutenglisse
in post

3 hours ago, toutenglisse said:

Here is an example. The function used requires MIST to be loaded at mission start. Player's Hornet is directly "on zone" (on the ground) at start and can display coordinates of a group named "Target" using F10 radiomenu.

test-target-info.miz 60.82 kB · 1 download

Edit : if you want to clean up the radiomenu, use this script in a trigger : missionCommands.removeItem({'Target information'})

Thank you, exactly what I wanted. 👍

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits