After the update, do you have any problems using a/g radar?

huchanronaa

Sorry,

Do you mean you cant move the TDC cursor on the DDI? 

Did you:

- Set aircraft to a/g mode
- Set radar sensor to right hand DDI?

If you didnt set the radar sensor to the correct DDI page then no, it wont move as your TDC priority is set elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm novice on DCS World (and F/A-18C Hornet Lot 20). Using DCS World 2.7.2, installed one week ago.

I've made a simple air-to-sea training mission (from Mission Editor), over Syria map, against a simple "red" tanker and/or cargo.

Load : 4x AGM-84D Harpoon only.

My problem is, after takeoff (from airfield), as soon as I select MASTER A/G, TDC (small stick) doesn't do anything. No yellow cursor, no diamond above range (top right of DDI).

I must select "AIR" on button at left side of DDI (by this way, mode changes from A/G to A/A, automatically, assuming it's normal): the yellow cursor and diamond appear, and stay when I change to A/G for ship designation.

Is it normal? something isn't clear in my mind...

TIA

Edited by docam

Normally you must press down the TDC control while slewing, action slewing. Depending on your control device you may want to put the "depress" action on a different button so you can do both at once.

You can play with the surface radar in navigation mode with the "SURF" button as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, docam said:

Hi,

I'm novice on DCS World (and F/A-18C Hornet Lot 20). Using DCS World 2.7.2, installed one week ago.

I've made a simple air-to-sea training mission (from Mission Editor), over Syria map, against a simple "red" tanker and/or cargo.

Load : 4x AGM-84D Harpoon only.

My problem is, after takeoff (from airfield), as soon as I select MASTER A/G, TDC (small stick) doesn't do anything. No yellow cursor, no diamond above range (top right of DDI).

I must select "AIR" on button at left side of DDI (by this way, mode changes from A/G to A/A, automatically, assuming it's normal): the yellow cursor and diamond appear, and stay when I change to A/G for ship designation.

Is it normal? something isn't clear in my mind...

TIA

if you didn't see the diamond symbol above the range, it means your right DDI isn't selected as the primary, press "Sensor Control Switch Right" to select it.  

• Like 1
  • PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

Thanks Frederf, but as Jenson have explained, it's due to DDI selection.

As HOTAS, I'm using Thrustmaster T.16000M + FCS.

"Sensor Control Switch" are mapped - by default - on four buttons located on base of T.16000M joystick (for left, right, fwd, aft).

Thanks for your replies Frederf and Jenson.

Edited by docam