F-16 TGP INR/PT/ AT

Go to solution Solved by Dscross,

I cannot, for the life of me, get the F-16 TGP to enter INR mode, Area track, or Point track. Now, before everyone jumps in and tells me which controls to use, I know. I've read the Chucks Guide, the DCS Early release manual. I've watched Wags videos, and TMS Up simple won't do anything on my TGP in the F-16. But... TMS up does work for locking radar targets, mavericks, etc. I've remapped the controls twice. I've changed which button I map TMS too. (I'm using a Winwing Orion F-18 Stick and Hotas.) I've even tried completely uninstalling the F-16 and wiping it from my system. (including all the bindings) Then reinstalling clean and remapping everything. No joy, the damn TGP won't go to AT/ INR/ PT. This is getting frustrating to the point where it's not worth flying the F-16 with weapons which use the TGP.  This is very frustrating because I do enjoy the jet, but not being able to use half the the functions is terrible. (FYI, I've also tried using the default keyboard keys, those won't move the TGP into AT/ PT/ INR mode either.) I know other people can use their F-16 TGP just fine, so I'm thinking this is either something about the Winwing HOTAS I'm using, or I'm missing some basic step that isn't in the Chuck's Guide, the DCS Manual, the GR videos, or the WAGS videos. (unlikely but possible?) I've had two good F-16 pilots try and help me figure this out, they couldn't figure out why my TGP wouldn't work either.  Now, I'm doing a bug report after I've ruled everything else out. Thanks. 

I cannot, for the life of me, get the F-16 TGP to enter INR mode, Area track, or Point track. Now, before everyone jumps in and tells me which controls to use, I know. I've read the Chucks Guide, the DCS Early release manual. I've watched Wags videos, and TMS Up simple won't do anything on my TGP in the F-16. But... TMS up does work for locking radar targets, mavericks, etc. I've remapped the controls twice. I've changed which button I map TMS too. (I'm using a Winwing Orion F-18 Stick and Hotas.) I've even tried completely uninstalling the F-16 and wiping it from my system. (including all the bindings) Then reinstalling clean and remapping everything. No joy, the damn TGP won't go to AT/ INR/ PT. This is getting frustrating to the point where it's not worth flying the F-16 with weapons which use the TGP.  This is very frustrating because I do enjoy the jet, but not being able to use half the the functions is terrible. (FYI, I've also tried using the default keyboard keys, those won't move the TGP into AT/ PT/ INR mode either.) I know other people can use their F-16 TGP just fine, so I'm thinking this is either something about the Winwing HOTAS I'm using, or I'm missing some basic step that isn't in the Chuck's Guide, the DCS Manual, the GR videos, or the WAGS videos. (unlikely but possible?) I've had two good F-16 pilots try and help me figure this out, they couldn't figure out why my TGP wouldn't work either.  Now, I'm doing a bug report after I've ruled everything else out. Thanks. 
Post a track and I'm sure somebody will come to the rescue!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Solution

Update PROBLEM FIXED. 

I use a Wingwin Orion HOTAS, as it turns out the TDC slew is overly sensitive. "Backsoon" seemed to have had the same problem with the Warthog. 

So, if you use a HOTAS with a bunch of features, and you can't get your TGP to go into, and stay in Point Track, Set a dead zone. It doesn't need to be much, I think I solved the problem with a dead zone of like 3. It just needs to keep the TDC centered when you aren't actively moving it. Thanks to everyone for the pointers and tips. THe F-16 is noew much, much more enjoyable to fly and use.