FFB device not starting centered feature or bug?

Katsu

Hello Guys i know that not a priority and there is a low amount of players that use FFB devices today, but i have a G940 hotas and only on F-14 it wont start centered everytime that i enter the plane i have to trim it up because it start with full foward trim, on other planes i don`t have this problem, if you guys can check it later i would be thankful.

https://streamable.com/682hzt

Thank you for the hard work.

• Like 1

I have the MS FFB2, don't have this issue after I swapped axis in the FFB setup.
I have to do this in every module I use FFB.
Open control settings click, on the column for your G940, click FFB tune or similar. Click swap axis. If that doesn't work, you can try reverse for x and y as well. Had to check all check boxes for the Hind.
Apologies if you tried this already.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

I have the MS FFB2, don't have this issue after I swapped axis in the FFB setup.
I have to do this in every module I use FFB.
Open control settings click, on the column for your G940, click FFB tune or similar. Click swap axis. If that doesn't work, you can try reverse for x and y as well. Had to check all check boxes for the Hind.
Apologies if you tried this already.
Cheers!

No need to apologize mate, any help is welcome! 

I`ve tried this too. its only revert the pitch but not center it, the most strange is that i don`t have this problem on other planes, they start with the stick centered.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, fat creason said:

The stick will snap to wherever the trim setting is.

Thank you for your reply Naquaii, 

So is normal the plane start with full foward trim? i ask because even the Viggen is starting centered.

• Like 1

It should start with takeoff trim set I believe. If your stick is going all the way to the forward stop it's mostly likely an issue with your hardware or an axis setup issue in DCS.

Edited by fat creason

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations

I just reread OP. I forgot, I actually have the same issue with my MS FFB2. I thought I solved it by swapping axis. Just got the Tomcat a couple of weeks ago and haven't done any free flights since. I guess that's why I forgot about it.
Everything works fine though, it's just that it starts with halfway forward trim for me.
No, it's not a hardware issue. Unmapped all other controls. Even tried with three different MS FFB2s.
Tried to turn off HOTAS sync as well.
It's not really an issue for me as you can see. Just mildly annoying as you head down into the ocean, and if you panic and pull, instead of just trimming back, you do nothing more...
Thanks Heatblur, loving this module!!!

Cheers!

PS: Doesn't happen in the Viggen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst on the subject of FFB.... If your elevator trim is not dead center you can't engage Alt Hold. Added to the new requirement to be at +- 200fpm it's basically impossible at the moment. Is that fixable? 

Domestos