Dismal download speeds on standalone

My one regret is purchasing stand-alone. The updater on my end gets .9-1.3 mb/s max. Is there no way to get faster download speeds? I have to run my computer for literal days to download a patch or module. I wish I would have gone steam because running my gaming PC for days on end to download anything is highly energy intensive. Atleast with steam I would be getting 7 Mb/s +

dcs poor download speed.JPG

With my connection (12Mbps) I also usually get 1.3MB/s which gives 4,6GB/h. What's your connection max speed?

It's not server limitation as we see others with way higher download speeds but with better connection of course.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I'll admit to not having kept fully up to date on the changes in the patcher, but I think it's still largely a peer-to-peer delivery. As such, you speed can be pretty significantly affected by the number (and quality) of peers available. As a rule, I get excellent speeds on patch day, because everyone and their grandma's dog is contributing to the pool; on other days, it's… not bad, usually, but noticeably slower.

This also means that you might be getting some blockage on the ISP end because they have some aversion towards P2P protocols. It can be a faff to test, but if have the ability to try a different connection — even if it's just some good old phone tethering — and it shows up as faster, that would be a likely culprit.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• 1 month later...