The JTAC does not give tasking to Viggens

TLTeo

I'm trying to modify the instant action tank-busting mission, but the JTAC does not give any tasking to the player flight. If instead one replaced the Viggens with Hornets (also carrying 4 Mavs), the JTAC behaves normally, so it's not due to mission editor settings or unit placement. I have also tried using different loadouts, but the result didn't change. Mission files attached.

edit: @IronMike apologies for the spam, I just would like to confirm you're aware of this

AJS-37 Tank busting_hornet.miz AJS-37 Tank busting_viggen.miz

Edited by TLTeo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 4:46 PM, Bagpipe said:

Just so they can lay smoke

Yep. Believe it or not, FACs and JTACs were a thing before buddy lasing.

For more context, I'm modifying most of the single and quick missions from the modules I own so that they are more complete, and so that they can be flown with different aircraft. Some of them are proper CAS missions with friendlies in close contact with the enemy (like the one above), so it makes sense to add a JTAC to guide the player to its target.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TLTeo said:

Yep. Believe it or not, FACs and JTACs were a thing before buddy lasing.

For more context, I'm modifying most of the single and quick missions from the modules I own so that they are more complete, and so that they can be flown with different aircraft. Some of them are proper CAS missions with friendlies in close contact with the enemy (like the one above), so it makes sense to add a JTAC to guide the player to its target.

Sweet, well if you need a tester hit me up 🙂

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2021 at 5:42 PM, TLTeo said:

I'm trying to modify the instant action tank-busting mission, but the JTAC does not give any tasking to the player flight. If instead one replaced the Viggens with Hornets (also carrying 4 Mavs), the JTAC behaves normally, so it's not due to mission editor settings or unit placement. I have also tried using different loadouts, but the result didn't change. Mission files attached.

edit: @IronMike apologies for the spam, I just would like to confirm you're aware of this

AJS-37 Tank busting_hornet.miz 16.95 kB · 7 downloads AJS-37 Tank busting_viggen.miz 16.83 kB · 6 downloads

Thank you, am aware now and tracked.

• Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/