Mission 9 wingman doesn't do its job

gonvise

At around 40 miles from wp4, I shoot 4 JSOW to the wp4 right four mig's... maybe one was enough, but my wingman should strike the other four (wp4 left) but he didn't. The only strange thing I have done is tactical pause after shoot the four JSOW to view the show with F6, maybe he didn't like it...

I will try again doing all the work.

Hi, checked it out and yes there is now a issue with your wingman in this mission . Amongst a few things it appears the new ED AI changes has impacted the mission. I have established a fix and it hopefully will be issued with EDs next update. In the meantime suggest you send one of your JSOWs at any one of the Migs to the left of the waypoint. That should do it for now 

Hope this helps, enjoy the campaign. 👍

Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Should now be fixed with last update.

Badger633

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zarma said:

Just flew mission 9, all wingman's JSOW went too short and none of his migs were destroyed => mission fail

Hi 

Just carried out testing on both normal and ez A2A versions. Cannot repeat what you have seen. Every time wingman gets his targets?

Are you using normal or EZ campaign.

Did you enter the restricted kill zone

Did you see the missiles land and where did they hit.

is there any other detail you can add as to where you were etc.

Are you using open beta?

Thanks

Badger633

Using openbeta, with normal AAR campaign. I didn't enter the zone and breaked at something like 30nm.

The wingman dropped his weapons at 33,4k ft and 46,3 nm from targets. The AGM154's landed 4'000 feet short.

Tacview : https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmuhbb6mremccko/Tacview-20210825-162701-DCS-Persian 9 Early Morning Call.zip.acmi?dl=0

image.png

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

3 hours ago, Zarma said:

Using openbeta, with normal AAR campaign. I didn't enter the zone and breaked at something like 30nm.

The wingman dropped his weapons at 33,4k ft and 46,3 nm from targets. The AGM154's landed 4'000 feet short.

Tacview : https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmuhbb6mremccko/Tacview-20210825-162701-DCS-Persian 9 Early Morning Call.zip.acmi?dl=0

image.png

Hi

Really don’t know what’s happened. Did this happen second time you flew it? 

What is really strange is if you look when 420 the wingman drops his JSOWs they drop a massive amount nothing like the fall line of the JSOWs you dropped. This is probably the reason why but I have no idea why it’s happened at the moment. 

As I said cannot repeat it my end. 

Interested to see if you can repeat it.

Badger633

Edited by Badger633

I encountered the same issue today, in EZ mode and latest open beta build. Wingman launched his AGMs from ~45nm and all of them fell short hitting some airfield hangars and buildings. I launched around 35nm and landed good hits easily. As I was watching from F6 view, wingman's AGMs got to about ~500km/h speed and 300m height, then did a weird climb to about 600m slowing down to ~290km/h, then they "gave up", resumed into steep dive and hit the buildings. Had they just gone steady I think they might have hit the Migs.

I followed the route as closely as possible and climbed to requested 35k feet before wingman launched his ordnance. Sadly didn't save a track :E

Edit: I think I was doing about 280 knots at the point my wingman launched.

Edited by sam_

5 minutes ago, sam_ said:

I encountered the same issue today, in EZ mode and latest open beta build. Wingman launched his AGMs from ~45nm and all of them fell short hitting some airfield hangars and buildings. I launched around 35nm and landed good hits easily. As I was watching from F6 view, wingman's AGMs got to about ~500km/h speed and 300m height, then did a weird climb to about 600m slowing down to ~290km/h, then they "gave up", resumed into steep dive and hit the buildings. Had they just gone steady I think they might have just about hit the Migs.

I followed the route as closely as possible and climbed to requested 35k feet before wingman launched his ordnance. Sadly didn't save a track :E

Edit: I think I was doing about 280 knots at the point my wingman launched.

Hi 

This is a real strange one. It’s strange how it is working for most people but then a couple are having this problem. It seems like a DCS bug. There as been a lot of issues with recent DCS AI updates. 
Can you run it again and see if you get the same issue. Save the track if you do that would be good.

Think I may add a safety back stop to resolve these occasions as I cannot control the odd AI behaviour. 
Let me know how you get on. 
Thanks

Badger633

On 8/29/2021 at 12:12 AM, Badger633 said:

Hi 

This is a real strange one. It’s strange how it is working for most people but then a couple are having this problem. It seems like a DCS bug. There as been a lot of issues with recent DCS AI updates. 
Can you run it again and see if you get the same issue. Save the track if you do that would be good.

Think I may add a safety back stop to resolve these occasions as I cannot control the odd AI behaviour. 
Let me know how you get on. 
Thanks

Badger633

Today had time for second run, it went almost exactly the same as last time except wingman's AGMs fell even more short. This time I launched one of mine as a backup to kill his targets to complete the mission. Track was too big for the forum so had to use third party website: https://www.mediafire.com/file/mhtbezjy5cw8i5n/mission9.trk/file

4 hours ago, sam_ said:

Today had time for second run, it went almost exactly the same as last time except wingman's AGMs fell even more short. This time I launched one of mine as a backup to kill his targets to complete the mission. Track was too big for the forum so had to use third party website: https://www.mediafire.com/file/mhtbezjy5cw8i5n/mission9.trk/file

Hi

Unfortunately your track is not working properly this end. One time wouldn't take off and second time crashed into surface. Its a known DCS problem they do not work that well especially long ones.

Tried a few goes myself. Most of the time worked fine. I did have one occasion where they went short. Must be a DCS AI bug. So until its sorted I will introduce a safety net in the mission to ensure if the player gets their hits and the AI wingman decides to miss on account of a bug this will not prevent the mission from progressing. Will be in next update.

Cheers

Badger633

41 minutes ago, Badger633 said:

Hi

Unfortunately your track is not working properly this end. One time wouldn't take off and second time crashed into surface. Its a known DCS problem they do not work that well especially long ones.

Tried a few goes myself. Most of the time worked fine. I did have one occasion where they went short. Must be a DCS AI bug. So until its sorted I will introduce a safety net in the mission to ensure if the player gets their hits and the AI wingman decides to miss on account of a bug this will not prevent the mission from progressing. Will be in next update.

Cheers

Badger633

Same for me, replaying the track "I" veer off course and stall the plane.

• 2 months later...

Ok flew it again, this time wingman dropped only 1 weapon but with your "security trigger", it worked.

But before arriving to the tanker, the wingman told me plug completed... he did normally the tanking but no message after that before I sent the refuel completed F10 message.

On way back, got instructed for a case 3. Wingman did follow me in trail all the way down and crashed after stalling LOL.

Edited by Zarma

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

2 hours ago, Zarma said:

Ok flew it again, this time wingman dropped only 1 weapon but with your "security trigger", it worked.

But before arriving to the tanker, the wingman told me plug completed... he did normally the tanking but no message after that before I sent the refuel completed F10 message.

On way back, got instructed for a case 3. Wingman did follow me in trail all the way down and crashed after stalling LOL.

Hi

I have issued an update to ED which is due out very soon. This hopefully deals with the issues you have raised. 

The incorrect early wingman confirmation that he has completed refuel is a bi product of changing the refueler route, as requested by others,  to a race track.  However have now put in a correction to stop this early call. 

Regarding the wing mans  crash, DCS  AI has been doing some strange things in recent DCS updates. Hopefully they will resolve this. 

Badger633

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Old issue, but I experienced most of the same things just now.
1. Wingman didn't even launch any of his weapons. Luckily my hits were enough to complete the mission

2. TACAN didn't work for the tanker (I was in T/R mode, channel 10, not A/A mode). After using F2 to see the general area he was located I was able to find him on radar and refuel.
3. Got a Case 3 arrival. When wingman radioed that he would break off, he didn't and instead followed me all the way down to the carrier, eventually crashing next to the carrier when I trapped.

7 hours ago, arneh said:

1. Wingman didn't even launch any of his weapons. Luckily my hits were enough to complete the mission

2. TACAN didn't work for the tanker (I was in T/R mode, channel 10, not A/A mode). After using F2 to see the general area he was located I was able to find him on radar and refuel.
3. Got a Case 3 arrival. When wingman radioed that he would break off, he didn't and instead followed me all the way down to the carrier, eventually crashing next to the carrier when I trapped.

Thanks for the heads up. Will check it out.

Badger633

On 10/24/2022 at 11:13 PM, arneh said:

Hi, just an update, have fixed the issues and issued to ED so hopefully will be in next update.

EDIT: update now released in open beta.

Badger633

Edited by Badger633
  • Like 2