Strange CCRP Behavior

massdriver

@Aurora juutilainenHi! Thanks for your response. Yes about the MAGV, I know this is technically incorrect, but I do this so that I can use the headings on the F10 map as if they were magnetic and do not have to recalculate them all the time. It does not appear as if the MAGV setting would cause the CCRP to misbehave though. With regards to the low and steep pass, I was thinking a similar thing and tried the same thing again after this track, with a less steep pass which was also a bit higher, but the result was the same.

My guess is the Auto-Step Option of the STPT page switched your steerpoint. Supposedly in the real viper the Auto-Step Option is disabled in the A-G mastermode but in DCS it isn't. Happened to me a couple of times that the TGP slewed to the new steerpoint when lasing a GBU resulting in a miss.

In the trackfile, after fat fingering in your steerpoints you seem to set the option to Auto-Step.

Thx to both of you.

@Sinclair_76 That's what I thought as well, and I think in the Track file I indeed had the auto-step enabled. But then I tried this again with it set to manual and exactly the same thing happened, and it ruled out the auto-step as a possible cause.

@b0bl00i What's the combined CCIP/CCRP mode? Or are you referring to the CCRP mode?

3 hours ago, massdriver said:

@b0bl00i What's the combined CCIP/CCRP mode? Or are you referring to the CCRP mode?

If you are in CCIP, place the pipper on the thing you want to bomb when it's still a few miles out, press and HOLD weapon release. You will now be in CCRP with whatever you selected with the pipper as the target. Keep the VV lined up with the steering cue line. Keep holding pickle and the bomb will drop when the release cue passes through the velocity vector as in CCRP.

22 hours ago, ZeroReady said:

If you are in CCIP, place the pipper on the thing you want to bomb when it's still a few miles out, press and HOLD weapon release. You will now be in CCRP with whatever you selected with the pipper as the target. Keep the VV lined up with the steering cue line. Keep holding pickle and the bomb will drop when the release cue passes through the velocity vector as in CCRP.

Hmmm, I understand this would work but this is not CCRP, just "pseudo-CCRP" by using CCIP to emulate a CCRP-like behavior. I acknowledge there are workarounds but I was rather wondering if either something is wrong with the CCRP or if I am not doing something properly. Thanks for the suggestion though. 🙂