Ingame briefing "movie"? Yes, it is possible! =)

sirrah

Proof of possibilities:

The most work is to create all different images, but in DCS this is really easy and quickly put together.

It literally took me about 1 minute to create the trigger actions below (clone is your friend)

image.png

DCS ingame moving briefing.miz

I can imagine this could be used to for instance indicate things on a map, like moving arrows to indicate movement of friendly and enemy units, or just a waypoint flight path that's "drawn". There's plenty of ways to use this. As said though, creating the images is the most time consuming part. 

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Well, I guess you could have some 'animation' done using good old Powerpoint to generate the frames. It'll be incredible inefficient (unlike real movies there is no interframe compression (parts that don't change don't need to be redrawn). Another item that currently hinders this is that (AFAIK) pictureToAll does not work in MP. But it's a start 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cfrag said:

Well, I guess you could have some 'animation' done using good old Powerpoint to generate the frames. It'll be incredible inefficient (unlike real movies there is no interframe compression (parts that don't change don't need to be redrawn). Another item that currently hinders this is that (AFAIK) pictureToAll does not work in MP. But it's a start 🙂

hehe I know.. It's crude... and indeed, it might not be for MP... But hey, let's see it as "the glass is half full" 😉

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Elphaba said:

Hi Your image is now unavailable. 

You mean my example .miz file in my OP ain't working no more?

If so, perhaps something got broken after an update. At least you see my YouTube video as "proof" 😉. (The principle: "showing a lot of pictures with a 0.1sec interval", is definitely still possible in the ME)

System specs:

15 hours ago, sirrah said:

You mean my example .miz file in my OP ain't working no more?

If so, perhaps something got broken after an update. At least you see my YouTube video as "proof" 😉. (The principle: "showing a lot of pictures with a 0.1sec interval", is definitely still possible in the ME)

Odd because when I put a value in the ME of less than 1 second, it rejects it as a bad input into the box. 

And I wasn't talking about the miz I was talking about the image on your post that isn't valid.

2 hours ago, Elphaba said:

Odd because when I put a value in the ME of less than 1 second, it rejects it as a bad input into the box. 

And I wasn't talking about the miz I was talking about the image on your post that isn't valid.

Well, I haven't checked for a while now, but it certainly used to work with values less than a second.

Did you try both , and . as decimal?

(E.g: 0.5 and 0,5 sec)

System specs:

5 hours ago, sirrah said:

Well, I haven't checked for a while now, but it certainly used to work with values less than a second.

Did you try both , and . as decimal?

(E.g: 0.5 and 0,5 sec)

Only tried decimal point because I'm not crazy. 😉

Thinking about this

How about using a script,

or Moose, Or perhaps DCS  BIOS

Create a mov of your briefing.

Maybe one for fail and one for success.

Upon mission completion, call the mov from the script.

I would think the lowest res video would play the best but who knows?

You can create a Radio station I think.

Call this for a audio only briefing and use single screens flipped one to the next like a app would.

Just brain storming here.

Was just trying SuntSags Siren mod.

It still works!

Then I see this thread.

I know Lua is very powerful.

So much so even ED do not utilize its full potential.

There is a reason they use it at all!

This sounds like a perfect fit for Moose to me.

BTW, I HATE code!🤣

Good luck!

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."