NAVGRID range input

BreaKKer

When receiving BULLs calls, throwing the bearing into the NAVGRID is no problem, but when using RNG on the CAP to put range from bulls in, it references the own A/C range to that waypoint. I was curious whether this is intentional, or if range to bulls is the correct number that should be getting referenced.

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights

Unless the navgrid has some functionality I don't know about, I think you might be using it incorrectly. 

I set the YY to the mission bullseye at the beginning of the flight, and then when I receive a bulls call I reference the bearing and range from the YY to find the contact being referenced in the bulls call. I don't enter anything into the CAP.

You can hook the contact and press BRG or RNG on the CAP to call up that info at the top of the TID, but I'm not sure how you're trying to use the grid.

Edited by Callsign JoNay

For instance, flight briefing isn’t giving coords to anything, but bulls to a geographical landmark, a lake for example. WP1 is LAKE 307/64. With that, in theory, you could pull the NAVGRID up and type in RNG 64, and BRG 307, or just set NAVGRID HDG to 307 and full action a waypoint on that center line. From there, you should have WP1 at LAKE 307/64, but this isn’t the case. When trying to input RNG from bulls to that WP1, it references 64 miles to own ship, as if I was in A/C stab or ATTK stab

Edited by BreaKKer

BreaKKer

10 hours ago, BreaKKer said:

For instance, flight briefing isn’t giving coords to anything, but bulls to a geographical landmark, a lake for example. WP1 is LAKE 307/64. With that, in theory, you could pull the NAVGRID up and type in RNG 64, and BRG 307, or just set NAVGRID HDG to 307 and full action a waypoint on that center line. From there, you should have WP1 at LAKE 307/64, but this isn’t the case. When trying to input RNG from bulls to that WP1, it references 64 miles to own ship, as if I was in A/C stab or ATTK stab

Oh yes. I understand what you're saying now. I just tested it, and you are correct. When hooking a waypoint in navgrid mode and editing the BRG and RNG it places the waypoint at that bearing and range from own A/C, not from the YY/BE. I've never noticed that before. 

Feels like a bug to me, but maybe that's the way it works. I'm leaning towards bug though.

2 hours ago, Callsign JoNay said:

Oh yes. I understand what you're saying now. I just tested it, and you are correct. When hooking a waypoint in navgrid mode and editing the BRG and RNG it places the waypoint at that bearing and range from own A/C, not from the YY/BE. I've never noticed that before. 

Feels like a bug to me, but maybe that's the way it works. I'm leaning towards bug though.

Yep. Really weird how it works

BreaKKer