Livery Location

dingoniner

I wonder why this is so complicated.

When I open the mission editor and look at the livery skins for the F-18, I see that they are being pulled from 

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\FA-18C\Liveries\FA-18C_hornet

When I look at the livery skins for the P-51D, I see that the skins are being pulled from 

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Liveries\P-51D

And I see that although all the tutorials say to put them here, no livery skins are being pulled from 

C:\Users\Me\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\

(Even though kneeboards are being pulled from C:\Users\Me\Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard\)

So....where exactly do I put custom and downloaded liveries for my aircraft?

Edited by dingoniner

Put them here C:\Users\Me\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\

and just make an aircraft liverie folder.

Make sure your aircraft folder name is the exact copy of the folder name found in the original game directory

Edited by Furiz
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, dingoniner said:

I wonder why this is so complicated.

When I open the mission editor and look at the livery skins for the F-18, I see that they are being pulled from 

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\FA-18C\Liveries\FA-18C_hornet

When I look at the livery skins for the P-51D, I see that the skins are being pulled from 

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Liveries\P-51D

You need to remember that this Sim has been in development since 2008 (and even then, it was based on a 2003 previous Sim), so its evolution shows up when you dig onto its inner workings. The CoreMods is the location used by newer Modules, while the older ones still cling to Bazar ... not so complicated anyway.

16 hours ago, dingoniner said:

And I see that although all the tutorials say to put them here, no livery skins are being pulled from 

C:\Users\Me\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\

The Tutorials are correct, all user-created liveries should go there ... maybe you don't have any such liveries yet. On my DCS, the custom Liveries work fine from \Saved Games\, like this:

XMyD2IC.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB