Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick dead

My Thrustmaster warthog joystick died. I was installing an extension on the stick and as I did so it made a couple of chirps and then the joystick column on the DCS controls disappeared. Now when I plug the joystick into that or anyother computer it is DEAD. No chirp and not recognized. I plugged it into my other computer which is running DCS with a a TMWH and it is dead there too.  Has the firmware in the base been damaged? Can I reset/reflash the firmware? Can I send it to Thrustmaster for repair? Any help will be much appreciated. 

Edited by StElmosFire
sp correct

I'd say it's a cable issue

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Some of the extension cables that comes with "Home made" extensions are REALLY REALLY BAD MADE!!!!!
They usually just solder the pins in the mini-Din connectors, and don't bother to use hot glue or similar to strengthen/secure it. I had to pry one of mine open and redo the whole thing. I have ordered parts so I can make my own perfect one.
Try the grip without the extension, if it works you know it's the extension cable.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Mine had 2 single threaded wires broken, because these are moving too much, now repaired. IMO a serious design flaw, they should use multi threaded core flat cable.

You can also order the wires from thrustmaster, some $10 including shipping. but you need to solder them in.

thrusmaster wiring broken.jpg

• Like 1

Mine had 2 single threaded wires broken, because these are moving too much, now repaired. IMO a serious design flaw, they should use multi threaded core flat cable.
You can also order the wires from thrustmaster, some $10 including shipping. but you need to solder them in.
2122610061_thrusmasterwiringbroken.thumb.jpg.1c7565d7bf938767ded76dcb57d65e52.jpg
Yeah, I pinched mine when I re-greased it. Just spliced and soldered. 5 min job, but I was pissed at myself. Oh, boy!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk