How to assign axes in-game?

GregP

Any of you guys that've got BS working - how did you assign axes in-game? When I click on, for example, the 'Rudder' category, which shows me that X and Z are assigned to the rudder, there is no way for me to choose any axes of my CH Pro Pedals; they're listed as another column, next to 'Keyboard', so are apparently recognized as another controller; but no matter what I do, when I try to 'add' a command for rudder, my only choices from the dropdown box are 100+ joystick buttons and POVs, no axes. Same for my Cougar. What am I missing here?

Right, I tried both of those things, are none of the axes on either my Cougar or pedals are detected in the setup screen. They do stuff in-game - the Cougar does pitch/roll while the pedals create some weird motion that I can't figure out, thus my trying to reassign them in the setup screen - but seem to not be detected in the setup screen. Why would that be?

not sure man...

but that weird motion you mention, that may be just the way the shark responds to pedal input. If your flying <over 50kph>on the realistic setting, and you have the yaw dampener switched on, you do not recieve a lot of motion on input; and the shark does seem to act out at first.

That's bothersome that it doesn't recognize your HOTAS, I also had an issue where using my hotas would kill all keyboard commands [ i couldnt even press esc or pause, I had to cntl-alt-dlt, and then reinstall the game] hope you work it out!!

GregP you have to select the menu Ka-50Real and the first line, the red line name Axis Commands.

Select the control you like to assign the axis and moving the joystick or pedal or the throttle.

Sorry for my very bad english, i'm italian.

Blackbird: "LA Center, requested flight level Angels 80." (80,000 feet)

Center: "If you think you can get there, buddy, go ahead!"

Blackbird: "Roger; Descending to Angels 80."

Greg i had a similar problem having bought the downloaded russian version. I had to change the settings using the axis command line on both the real and game versions from the drop down menu. Iy was made easier by renaming the file RU to RU1 which changes the menus to english, life got much easier after that!

anyone know how or where i change my current forum username [now just me email] to a more friendly username?

Hit the User CP tab at the top of the page, right beside the faq!!

Guys, thanks for clearing this up for me. Kinda embarrassing that I didn't realize I had to select 'axial commands' especially as it quite specifically mentions this in the Quick Start Manual ... which I myself went to the trouble to translate (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=33372) and thus have no excuse for not knowing about. :)

:helpsmilie:

:megalol:

:doh:

Guys, thanks for clearing this up for me. Kinda embarrassing that I didn't realize I had to select 'axial commands' especially as it quite specifically mentions this in the Quick Start Manual ... which I myself went to the trouble to translate (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=33372) and thus have no excuse for not knowing about. :)

Even so, your topic brought up some interesting discussion :)

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

Hit the User CP tab at the top of the page, right beside the faq!!

Thanks but i have tried all those options without success. It allows me to edit email address and password but won't allow me to change it to anything resmbling a username ie i use 'drummer' normally. Can't find the option to allow me to change email address to username! :doh:

Since we're talking about configurations, is there a realistic profile at hand for the TM HOTAS (Cougar)?

Cheers,

Nev

i7@3.8 / 2 SSD OCZ Vertex 2 + 2 Velociraptor / 12GB DDR3 / nV480GTX / 40' LED / T-iR5 / soon HOTAS Warthog / CH Pro Pedals

Q6600 / 2x74GB Raptor / 750 GB Hitachi / 4GB DDR II OCZ / 8800 GTS 512 / Track-IR / Cougar / CH Pro Pedals

Since we're talking about configurations, is there a realistic profile at hand for the TM HOTAS (Cougar)?

PoleCat posted a link to his, which I've been using so far just to get up in the air, but not sure how 'realistic' it is:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=542106&postcount=29

By the way, finally mostly got my axis assignment problems worked out. I think the link Professor provided for the new input dll may have helped, but I'm not sure. I still can't get the game to recognize the pitch and yaw axes in the setup screen, but it's not really a problem since they default to controlling pitch and yaw anyway.

You are the man!. Thanx. Am working on a profile but would hate to start from scratch... Will post when ready.

Cheers,

Nev

i7@3.8 / 2 SSD OCZ Vertex 2 + 2 Velociraptor / 12GB DDR3 / nV480GTX / 40' LED / T-iR5 / soon HOTAS Warthog / CH Pro Pedals

Q6600 / 2x74GB Raptor / 750 GB Hitachi / 4GB DDR II OCZ / 8800 GTS 512 / Track-IR / Cougar / CH Pro Pedals