Fast alignment (ALCM)

shomke

Hi folks,

How is working the fast alignment option for the mirage?

I ticked on the option, but only played few times on Liberation since. And, well, the alignment still takes around 8 minutes.

Is that only working when playing online, or do I need to something special to do in the cockpit?

Thanks 🙂

Edited by shomke

F-16C, M2000C, Persian Gulf

Ryzen 5 3600, RX 5700 XT, 32GB ram, Odyssey HMD+, Home-made TrackHat, X56 Hotas.

• shomke changed the title to Fast alignment (ALCM)

If you look closely to the INS mode button, you will see an "ALCM" position just beside the "ALN" one 🙂

ALCM is a mode which is in theory always available. But to work, it requires that the plane was shutdown fully aligned and not moved by an inch since.
Enabling the "ALCM" checkbox does not switch your alignment to ALCM automatically. It just ensures your plane starts in a condition where it has been aligned before shutdown.

So you need to align using the ALCM mode. If the checkbox is not enabled, it will just result in a messed up alignment as conditions are not met.

Also, ALCM conditions can be disabled per mission in the mission editor. Beware of this if you do ALCM on a MP server.

Edited by Kercheiz
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2021 at 2:22 AM, Kercheiz said:

If you look closely to the INS mode button, you will see an "ALCM" position just beside the "ALN" one 🙂

ALCM is a mode which is in theory always available. But to work, it requires that the plane was shutdown fully aligned and not moved by an inch since.
Enabling the "ALCM" checkbox does not switch your alignment to ALCM automatically. It just ensures your plane starts in a condition where it has been aligned before shutdown.

So you need to align using the ALCM mode. If the checkbox is not enabled, it will just result in a messed up alignment as conditions are not met.

Also, ALCM conditions can be disabled per mission in the mission editor. Beware of this if you do ALCM on a MP server.

"If you look closely to the INS mode button, you will see an "ALCM" position just beside the "ALN" one "  ????????

Where is this mode? There is nothing like it next to ALN. I don't get why I am not seeing this things. Its like an instructor telling me, "Turn to page 3". Except there is no page 3. Where are you guys coming from?

M2KC_missising_ALCM_mode.jpg

I see. The  pit has to be in French. English pit is STH mode. But I am still not getting it to work. Putting INS to STH then pressing align button, has weird results. THere is no countdown in STS display of INS. So after 3 minutes switching to NAV, and flying mission. Selecting AG ordinance, and CMD FWD , with radar ON, to get CCIP pipper, or AG TGT select, fails to work.

Only if system aligns using slow ALN method does AG radar and ordinance works fine. Its so effing confusing as what works how. Just maddening. 

On 10/30/2021 at 1:14 AM, Kercheiz said:

Does the kneeboard say « ALCM Available » in the loadout page?

Yes.

I think I am not understanding ALCM fast align process. I set to INS to ALCM (STH in English pit), then press align button. Then switch to STS to see align countdown, that I do not get. Now after waiting 3 minutes I switch INS to NAV, and fly mission. The problem is with AG CCIP and CCRP pipper. They no longer come up, when AG weapon is selected and CMD FWD is used to cycle through AG submodes for that weapon. I only get pipper when I use slow ALN method (8 minute), or I start in air. RTFM is all over the place with all these updates.

Edited by DmitriKozlowsky