Getting Targeting data to the UFC

Pinefang

Hey DCS can you guys please make the collection of targeting data and it's input into the UFC easier for VR users. My clunky procedure at this time is invoke the F10 map, remove my VR headset and put a piece of tissue over its sensor then set the headset on my desktop in such a way that I can see it on my 2d monitor then zoom it so I can see the coordinates of my targets then invoke the scratchpad so I can type the coordinates into it. Once finished with that remove the tissue from my headset and put it back on then go back to F1 and bring the scratchpad back up to be able to input the coordinates into the UFC. For some reason in 2d mode you can use the mark button and the L&L on a target that will automatically insert the target coordinates on to the scratchpad. This does not work in VR however. If you could even make this work in VR it would solve the whole issue. If any one has a better procedure for this I would love to hear it. This issue totally removes the immersion for me when using GPS guided weapons. Submitted for your consideration. If you could write the kneepad software to be able to mark a target and have it appear on the kneepad rather than having to type them in would be a solution.

Edited by Pinefang
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is that the scratchpad version without keyboard...?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Thanks for the heads up.
Then i stick with the previous version now. I use the scratchpad mostly in VR and then that virtual keyboard comes in handy.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!