Gunsight Reticle Intensity Increase/Decrease Inputs are back to front

Basco1

Not that this is a major issue,but I thought it would be correct to report.....the inputs for the Gunsight Reticle Intensity Increase/Decrease are back to front...ie the increase input decreases the reticle brightness,whilst the decrease input increases the brightness.

Happy Landings

Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

The commands you mention work okay, provided that the very gunsight/other rheostats in the Mossie are modelled true to the real thing.
In DCS:Mossie nearly all rheostats work sort of in reverse. If you turn a knob in the "increase" direction, from 0 to maximum, you'll get this:
OFF...MAXIMUM......MEDIUM......MINIMUM

Yep, kinda surprising! So these increase/decrease gunsight reticle brightness commands for keys/buttons follow the same logic. They DO turn the knobs correctly, it's the knobs that work funny. The respective axis command(s) behave the same way.

Edited by scoobie

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

Appreciated Scoobie and thank you....however,why does ED have these in reverse ?.....surely the answer would be to just to change the order in the command inputs.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

I guess they could, but then it would still feel strange to many - you turn the brightness up, it's all good and suddenly... the light (or sight reticle) goes off completely. People would go "WT... Hey, this thing is botched!".

I think the main quirk here is not so much the direction, but the fact that "OFF" is next to "MAXIMUM" (instead of "MINIMUM", as people are used to expect).

[LATE EDIT] I hid a part of my post below. One can invert or not invert the reposne of these axes in Axis Tune and have Mossie behave like other planes, doh... :doh: Living with an idiot is hell, I can tell you.

Spoiler

If this behavious is actually "correct as is" (as I was told by @Tarres in another thread), I'm fine with it - a sim is a sim, period, no further questions, suck it up etc., but frankly I'm worried it will wear out my potentiometers quickly 🙂 Whenever I switch from Mossie to any other module (or the other way round) I have to turn all the way up/down my flood light(s) knob, all panel/instrument lights knob, and gunsight brightness knob. At least these three. Every freaking time. My poor pots! So I guess it's even worse if you are using real pots (axes), not buttons.

(Good I bought the most mechanically typical pots (intentionally), so I can buy more of them just about anywhere and replace 🙂 )

Edited by scoobie

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box