Brothers of MS FFB... this is gonna be painful....

bostar

With Blackshark we saw ourselves as unbeteable, owners of the ultimate stick. Enjoying the closest trim simulation to the reality... but now.... oh dear...

Yes, because I can't imagine fly this beast without the powerful feeling of my loyal MS FFB. It would be disgusting, a blasphemy!. But I have to recognize that assign all those buttons into our beloved joy seems almost impossible task.

I only see a "viable" solution: buy another unit, learn electronics/arduino and attempting to create a Frankenstein joy merging it with a CH Fighter stick. The other one: try to create a "shift" button in my CH Trottle and using Freepie/Python programing a 2nd state in every button and POV if the  "shift" button in the throttle is pressed. But I have serious doubts if this solution would give us enough buttons.

What are your plans, my brothers of FFB, in these dark days of doubts when the ultimate beast is so close....

Edited by bostar

1. Very long term solution. Build my own.
2. Long term solution. Mate two MS FFB2s, do the resistor mod, add a Virpil board and have a longer goose neck stick with TM/Virpil compatible mounting.
3. Short term solution. Take one, resistor mod, TM/Virpil compatible mounting with a long cable with a male mini DIN 5 pin connector at the end, and just plug it in my Warthog base.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, bostar said:

The other one: try to create a "shift" button in my CH Trottle and using Freepie/Python programing a 2nd state in every button and POV if the  "shift" button in the throttle is pressed.

You won't need any Freepy/Python Stuff, because thats exactly what the Modifier Function in DCS Controller Mapping Dialogue is for. Just specify any Button on your Device (or Key on your Keyboard) as a Modifier, and you can assign two function to any other Button on your Device. One Functionality without Modifier, and another one with the Modifier Button pressed. 

• Like 2

Honestly I have no idea. I guess Ill bind what is absolutely necessary and learn to live without the other stuff. Or let the guy in the front do all the other stuff 🙂

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

I will fly the Hind while the systems and polish are added to this module which will take a year or two (see F-18).

By the time that's done, Virpil will understand the need for a ffb base. They will have also made an AH-64 replica collective. Maybe then the MS FFB2 can finally retire.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

Thanks for your ideas. Particurlaly the Modifier Function implemented in DCS. I've been absent in DCS world for years (my last plane was A10) and I didn't know that option.

Anyhow, I've started to search for a second FFB unit. I think it's about time to learn electronics. For years I've wanted to create my mini own devices and particularly a franke-joy with the FFB.

• Like 1