Extremely Long Load Times

Frankthetank

Is your DCS and system installed on SSD already? Older type HDDs are even up to 10 times slower than newer SSD types.

Did you also reainstalled Windows? It will take time for it to update as well in the background which will significantly slow down the system.

Finally, please upload your dcs.log from c:\users\<current_user_name>\saved games\dcs\logs

Also keep in mind that AV software can slow down DCS loading times, even the default Windows Defender. You can exclude DCS main installation folder from scanning if you wish.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

14 hours ago, draconus said:

Is your DCS and system installed on SSD already? Older type HDDs are even up to 10 times slower than newer SSD types.

Did you also reainstalled Windows? It will take time for it to update as well in the background which will significantly slow down the system.

Finally, please upload your dcs.log from c:\users\<current_user_name>\saved games\dcs\logs

Also keep in mind that AV software can slow down DCS loading times, even the default Windows Defender. You can exclude DCS main installation folder from scanning if you wish.

DCS is in fact installed on my new SSD. I did not reinstall Windows (which is still installed on my HDD C drive). The new SSD E drive basically just functions as a 1 TB flash-style USB drive but I assumed nonetheless that installing DCS onto it would improve performance.

Edited by Frankthetank