Hacked and improvised two seat variant of Mig-21 or any flyable in DCS

DmitriKozlowsky

I suffering along with older Pascal Quadro GPU until Nvidia sends me my RTX RMA replacement. Dear lord I miss tripple digit FPS. P2200 Quadro can hardly break 60FPS, and 45 is normal.  But me and my DCS buddy came up with a simple hack for dual controls on same station on same session. It is as silly and stupid. So we just hooked up two sets of HOTAS and pedals o one machine. In our case two X-56 Rhino and two sets of pedals (Tmaster). As long as you can deal with side by side seating a wide desk sharing two  cloned screens. One for each player. Nvidia Quadro allows panel cloning. He  had Mig-21 for a long time, but never learned it. So I taught it to him by both us flying it at same time. It works with some unrealistic caveats, that would never be tolerated in real world. The controls can fight each other, as system thinks there is one pilot with two sets of HOTAS and two pedals. So two of us have to do the "I have the aircraft. You have the aircraft" bit, and be respectful. Often "Dude, let go I got it". Completely against RW CRM.  As no controller is an override. THis approach works for single cockpit types. It does not work on DCS mods that use two seats. So no F-14, no helicopters. But as a training aide. Its passable. I am sure others have done this before. If anyone has, please share your opinion. Up until, I though that DCS having any number of controls for same axis was just DCS weirdness. But it has some utility.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...