Can't get Marianas to work

brettt777

I installed it through the sim and it says it's in there. And I go in the advanced mode to set up a flight and I select it. But when I generate the flight, it just comes up blank and I can't go any further. I uninstalled and reinstalled but it does the same thing. What am I missing? Is there some other terrain or mod necessary to make this one work?

I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z97S SLI+, 32GB HyperX 2400 DDR3, GeForce RTX-3060ti 8GB DDR6, Rosewill 80plus Bronze 1000w, Corsair Hydro H100i, Intel 160GB SSD for OS, Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Intel 1TB SSD for DCS, P3D, Star Citizen, Sound Blaster Zx, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle & pedals, TrackIR 5, Surround Speakers & Subwoofer, Oculus Quest 2 VR.

:joystick::pilotfly:

When it was released it wouldn't work with fast mission generator - I suppose the problem hasn't been fixed yet (?). Use full editor to bild a couple of quick ones for your personal use.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

On 10/24/2021 at 8:39 AM, Art-J said:

When it was released it wouldn't work with fast mission generator - I suppose the problem hasn't been fixed yet (?). Use full editor to bild a couple of quick ones for your personal use.

Okay, gotcha. Thanks!

I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z97S SLI+, 32GB HyperX 2400 DDR3, GeForce RTX-3060ti 8GB DDR6, Rosewill 80plus Bronze 1000w, Corsair Hydro H100i, Intel 160GB SSD for OS, Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Intel 1TB SSD for DCS, P3D, Star Citizen, Sound Blaster Zx, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle & pedals, TrackIR 5, Surround Speakers & Subwoofer, Oculus Quest 2 VR.

On 10/24/2021 at 8:39 AM, Art-J said:

Okay, stupid question... how do you change your terrain/location in the mission editor? Or maybe I'm still trying to do it in the quick one...?

When you select create mission, you will be prompted to select the time period (WWII, modern, custom), as well as the map. Once your newly created mission opens in the ME, place the planes you want and any other assets then save and hit fly. You can try the mission I attached here if you like, I just tried it and it works. You have 3 planes to choose from, 3 parked hot and 3 in the air.

Marianas check.miz

To make more clear what Callsign noted, it's the first screen you see after clicking "create mission" in full editor, the one with coalitions, flags and whatnot on it. On the left side of the coalitions table there's a "choose map" list. I admit It's easy to miss the first time.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

On 10/27/2021 at 11:11 AM, Art-J said:

To make more clear what Callsign noted, it's the first screen you see after clicking "create mission" in full editor, the one with coalitions, flags and whatnot on it. On the left side of the coalitions table there's a "choose map" list. I admit It's easy to miss the first time.

Yeah, thanks. I finally figured that out last night and got it to work.