Mission Editor Questions

DIFFY

I am trying to create a mosquito campaign . 

I want when the player leaves a zone that surrounds biggin hill , it will de activate ground units and AAA. When you return to the zone they re appear once you entered the zone. 

2. I'm trying to create realistic wingmen and set up when you trigger various radio item menues they follow certain commands or fly to different waypoints or comeplete various tasks.
is there anyway to find out how to do this ?

Diffy,

For the first one, you will need to use the "SWITCHED  type trigger.  Use the condition that UNIT in ZONE and then the action should be to spawn the unit.   I don't know if you can de-spawn AI units or not.  If not, then you may have to destroy the unit.  That has the unfortunate side effect of creating an explosion and leaving wreckage.

As for Question #2, I don't have a clue.

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 3:13 PM, AKA_Clutter said:

Diffy,

For the first one, you will need to use the "SWITCHED  type trigger.  Use the condition that UNIT in ZONE and then the action should be to spawn the unit.   I don't know if you can de-spawn AI units or not.  If not, then you may have to destroy the unit.  That has the unfortunate side effect of creating an explosion and leaving wreckage.

As for Question #2, I don't have a clue.

thanks @AKA_Clutter I figured it out after hours and hours of research, Here is my first mission using various scripts and techy stuff. i recorded all the sound triggers to make it realsitic as possible  DEATH DIVE! (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

On 10/28/2021 at 1:14 AM, DishDoggie said:

Can you still use the AI ON AI OFF function for this need? Truth is I have never used it and don't even know if it is still in the Mission Editor but if It is I would try that.

its a good question I dont think the devs have actually thought that through in a lot of respects to them tho, i found making a template and just using a late activation works when a situation is triggered to re spawn them 

On 10/25/2021 at 6:32 PM, DIFFY said:

I am trying to create a mosquito campaign . 

I want when the player leaves a zone that surrounds biggin hill , it will de activate ground units and AAA. When you return to the zone they re appear once you entered the zone. 

2. I'm trying to create realistic wingmen and set up when you trigger various radio item menues they follow certain commands or fly to different waypoints or comeplete various tasks.
is there anyway to find out how to do this ?

As for question 2

As you might understand, this question is not easy to answer within a few lines of text 😛

But this might give you something to start with:

Instead of using an actual wingman, create a second flight and give it a "follow" action. Obviously, you then won't be able to give it the usual wingman/flight radio commandos. So when you want him to do anything, you'd have to create a "Radio F10 menu" trigger.

It seems like a lot of work, but it's actually quite easy and it can all be done without scripting or anything scary like that.

Not to promote my own missions, but have a look at these missions of mine, where I did exactly as described above:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/search/?q=sortie+241&s=Search

(3 versions of the same mission actually)

Also, note that during my mission, at some points (where my wingman is out of sight) I despawn the original wingman and create a new one. This helps preventing your wingman running out of fuel.

• Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH