Skin Request

Ercoupe

Is there any chance of someone doing some Pacific P-47 skins? I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to fly around the Marianas map in a Jug painted in the correct scheme. Several P-47 outfits flew out of New Guinea and later from the Philippines. There were some colorful bubble canopied P-47 flying with the 35th, 58th and Neal Kirby's high scoring 348th Fighter Groups. 

On 11/2/2021 at 5:29 PM, Ercoupe said:

Is there any chance of someone doing some Pacific P-47 skins? I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to fly around the Marianas map in a Jug painted in the correct scheme. Several P-47 outfits flew out of New Guinea and later from the Philippines. There were some colorful bubble canopied P-47 flying with the 35th, 58th and Neal Kirby's high scoring 348th Fighter Groups. 

A few have been done already. Screens below show the ones I use, but there are more, including 1 ACG and 91st FG ones. Granted, their quality varies a lot (some were made when template was still not available), but still, there's something to choose from. Browse the P-47 livery competition thread and skins repository on ED website, you'll find them over there.

Screen_211105_232927.jpg

Screen_211105_232942.jpg

Screen_211105_232959.jpg

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

52 minutes ago, Art-J said:

A few have been done already. Screens below show the ones I use, but there are more, including 1 ACG and 91st FG ones. Granted, their quality varies a lot (some were made when template was still not available), but still, there's something to choose from. Browse the P-47 livery competition thread and skins repository on ED website, you'll find them over there.

Art, the last two are just what I'm looking for. The First is an RAF squadron the flew out of Burma. Very nice, though. I'll go and grab them and see what else you have. Thanks.

You didn't specify you were interested in USAAF skins only ;). But true, together with two aforementioned CBI American ones, this RAF livery is enough for some "Burmausus" or "Caucurma" missions.

Noone made any PNG skins to my knowledge, there might be something from Iwo Jima available, though (unless I'm mixing things up with skins for Il-2GB series).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.