Propeller flow effects implementation

Tigre.

In my opinion, what is missing a lot in a WWII simulator is the ground effect of the propeller flow, ie the lifting of the earth, etc. both in the start phase and in the taxiing, take-off and landing phase.

The implementation of these effects is essential to recreate the historical setting in which these airplanes operated.

Is implementation planned by any chance? If not thank you ED if you would like to seriously consider implementing these effects. 👍

• Like 1

11 ore fa, grafspee ha scritto:

Can you elaborate, what effects exactly ?

Of course, then in reality, especially with unprepared slopes, the effect of the propeller flow is this:

l5Y1BX.jpg

jE6WH5.jpg

While this is the situation in DCS always on a prepared track, and it is impossible that no wake caused by the propeller flow is displayed:

ittQer.png

👍

Edited by Tigre.

So you meant smoke trails, right? That "propeller flow" name sounds like some aerodynamic prop wash effect you were talking about or something alike.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

1 hour ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

So you meant smoke trails, right? That "propeller flow" name sounds like some aerodynamic prop wash effect you were talking about or something alike.

S!

No, I think he means the propeller wash kicking up dirt and debris from non concrete/asphalt runways

Smoke too, right now if you land with smoking engine, smoke goes straight up if you stop but it should blow smoke back while engine running, noticed it in Mosquito due to engine smoking bug 🙂

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

As an example, here is what I want to understand in this video taken from another forum thread and which concerns another simulation environment:

I don't think it's that difficult to have these effects even in DCS ...

👍

Edited by Tigre.
  • Like 1