Skyflash and sparrow?

F-2

I found this article implying at least as late as 2000 the Eurofighter would have the ability to carry skyflash

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12196040.bishopton-threat-to-eurofighter-operation/

can any Eurofighter carry Semi active missiles? Skyflash, sparrow, Aspide? I know the EAP carried mock ups (along with a very early ASRAAM mock up) but no idea if it was ever do operationally or even in testing.

I think it's highly unlikely at best...it may have been an option if the aircraft had been introduced on time in the 90s, but since that didn't happen I don't see why the weapon would be integrated. That article is from several years before the aircraft even reached IOC.

I agree with @TLTeo. This was probably considered when the aircraft was still planned for arriving in the 90s, but became obsolete when the development took longer and SARH missiles got phased out by the air forces.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 months later...