Lesson Order

dresoccer4

So I'm trying to load up some F16 lessons and sorting by filename but the order is all over the place and I also don't even see a Lesson 1 (let alone 7-10) 🧐

Any way we can see the lessons in actual order to keep track since there's so many?

1-orderhuh.jpg

Edited by dresoccer4

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

The alphanumerical order is a little wonky there.

If the single-digit lessons were numbered with a preceding 0 (e.g. 01, 02, 03) they would probably appear in the correct order.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

1 minute ago, Tholozor said:

The alphanumerical order is a little wonky there.

If the single-digit lessons were numbered with a preceding 0 (e.g. 01, 02, 03) they would probably appear in the correct order.

yeah it's really confusing. though now i see it's not looking at the entire number just the first.
but then there are sill many numbers missing as well

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

The order of missions listed depends on the contents of a  file. The filenames don't matter. Probably the numerical order reflects an earier plan. Some may depend on features not yet modeled or some dropped or rearranged.

I wouldn't put to much importance on the particular order DCS presents. They aren't necessarily an optimal order or represent a complete education.

Well, I can pretty clearly see they're in reverse alphabetical order, by filename. Nothing to it, just a bad file naming convention. I imagine lesson 1 was to be the cockpit familiarization and 7 to 10 navigation and IFR ops. They probably haven't been made yet.