Guidance for switching DCS to new computer?

Hi all. I'm trying to puzzle out the best way to bring DCS from my current PC to a new one. Ideally I'd keep saved game files from campaigns and -- especially -- my controller bindings.

I currently have DCS installed on an SSD in the old machine (separate from the operating system SSD). The options that occur to my unsophisticated brain are:

-  Deactivate DCS on old computer, stick old SSD into new computer, reactivate DCS and everything magically works... except I assume it won't, without some additional steps. I also assume controller bindings will be jacked up because of new Windows device IDs. 

- Deactivate DCS on old computer, do a clean install on the new machine including all my aircraft and maps (ugh), reactivate, then copy over the saved game files and controller bindings... though again, new Windows controller IDs may make that pointless).

Anyone have any tips/advice, or can point me toward a "how to" guide that I may have missed in my searching for one? And once DCS is installed one way or the other, can I copy over old controller bindings and just change file names or refrerences in the files to reflect the new Windows device IDs? 

Many thanks!

Hi all. I'm trying to puzzle out the best way to bring DCS from my current PC to a new one. Ideally I'd keep saved game files from campaigns and -- especially -- my controller bindings.
I currently have DCS installed on an SSD in the old machine (separate from the operating system SSD). The options that occur to my unsophisticated brain are:
-  Deactivate DCS on old computer, stick old SSD into new computer, reactivate DCS and everything magically works... except I assume it won't, without some additional steps. I also assume controller bindings will be jacked up because of new Windows device IDs. 
- Deactivate DCS on old computer, do a clean install on the new machine including all my aircraft and maps (ugh), reactivate, then copy over the saved game files and controller bindings... though again, new Windows controller IDs may make that pointless).
Anyone have any tips/advice, or can point me toward a "how to" guide that I may have missed in my searching for one? And once DCS is installed one way or the other, can I copy over old controller bindings and just change file names or refrerences in the files to reflect the new Windows device IDs? 
Many thanks!

No de-/re-activation stress. Online login and keys. Single concurrent login only.
So just don't worry about it!
Move the disk pre or post Windows installation on new computer.
Copy over sub folders from Old Saved Games to New Saved Games.
Make shortcuts to DCS and do a full repair. Or my personal way, install Skatezilla's excellent updater/launcher and you can forget about shortcuts, update at your leisure, downgrade to other version, switch between stable and OB and much more!
Controllers, change file names. Use a batch rename program, or export/import.
It will be tedious either way. Hopefully ED will have a multi export/import solution down the line.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I always like to start fresh with a new build with a complete new clean install.

But yeah I can kind of be a glutton for punishment lol.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I always like to start fresh with a new build with a complete new clean install.
But yeah I can kind of be a glutton for punishment lol.
Quite honestly. I ended up doing that for one of my installs, (have both stable and OB), because for some reason along the development of DCS since my original install in 2016, the path to the Input folder had changed from DCS\Input to "DCS\Config\Input". And I didn't notice it, so I couldn't find the diff files to rename. So no matter the full slow repairs and tweaking variant text etc, I gave up and reinstalled from scratch. Didn't work either.
But thankfully I have a 500Mbps connection that will totally give me 64MB/s from ED's servers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk