Getting missile launch warnings on RWR in J-11A on ground from long distance

okopanja

Occasionally I get RWR missile warnings while parked on the airport or taxing at low speed toward the runway.

This can be observed 2 times in the past 5 mins of this track. Note: i spent most of the time watching the Mig-21 pilot flying, before I turned my engines on.

File can be downloaded here:

https://file.io/39cxlmQWToWd

I suspect there is either an issue with one of the fox-1 or fox-3 missiles on blue side or problem with J-11A/Flanker RWR.

Reference to locally stored file (in case the above link gets removed): Server_1_Operation_Urban_Thunder_V6.6.9-20211202-210739.trk

Edited by okopanja

• okopanja changed the title to Getting missile launch warnings on RWR in J-11A on ground from long distance

@Flappie Sorry on calling on you like, this but I am not sure if this the right way to report the bugs. The file in question apparently expired. I can re-upload since I kept the file and recorded the filename, but perhaps this is also some well known phenomenon (e.g. someone playing with their super advanced hornet radar).

On 12/7/2021 at 2:14 PM, okopanja said:

@Flappie Sorry on calling on you like, this but I am not sure if this the right way to report the bugs. The file in question apparently expired. I can re-upload since I kept the file and recorded the filename, but perhaps this is also some well known phenomenon (e.g. someone playing with their super advanced hornet radar).

What Hornet feature? FLOOD?

This is the second DCS bug I ever noticed when I started with the game during Hornet early access (the first being that heat blur on other planes affects your hud). I was getting locked on the ground on Georgia At War at Krasnodar when the nearest enemy was 250+ miles away near Beslan, according to the web GCI page.

Here is a 3 year old thread on the issue:

Even then, people were saying it was an old bug. This will NEVER be fixed.

• Like 1