Missing targeting markers (pipers)

Aries101

Hello.

I came back after looong been away from dcs and wanted to get better in Mirage. While I managed startup very fast, delivering weapons is problem.

I cannot get any piper on my HUD be it rockets or snaykeys or belugas (only ones I tried so far). What i do, I activater master arm, select weapon, set up fuse and ripple and press button for CDM foeward which should activate aming piper and line fro dropping mombs or piper for rockets. I can shoot, but I got no any aming alive apart from default used while in navigation.  Also I turn on my radar switches, just to mention.

Since i am fresh after long "nap" I am almost sure I am missing something important, but  not sure.

Any tips are apreciated.  Ty

Depending on how long is "looong", a lot has changed. Like, a lot a lot. 

First! Revisit your control mapping.  Some buttons were redone/named and previous controls were lost. 

• Is your loadout without 530s? They cause an error if equipped with air to ground.
  • Is TAS and/or RS selected in the PCA? 
  • Rocket External and/or Internal pylons selected (I believe they default on)?

It's probably a typo, but to clarify, it is the "Weapons SystemCMD FWD".

By reading your post, it sounds like you did everything correctly.  There must be something small, like you said. 

Edited by Britchot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Yea it is "Weapons SystemCMD FWD". I typed from memory and shortened name 🙂

I did turn on TAS and RS

For Pylon selection, I did not I think. If I remeber by default should be in auto mode?

I usualy put only Magics II (if I remeber well, 530 is radar guided and not fire and forget missle, so i dont like it XD).

I will go and check pylon selector (if i can find it).

If the weapon fires, this means you did everything correct regarding key presses.

Now if you don't have symbology while firing, that's an issue with your installation. Try repairing DCS

Could you make a screenshot of what it looks like when you shoot?

Edited by Kercheiz

I flew another flight.

THis time I filled all pylons with only Snakeeyes.

I did same thing and went to see if I will get piper , which I did.

Yee! Now it was croocked so I presume it could be due fact I forgot to turn on radar on EM...ups...

I did midd so, more test but, good point, after repairing install.

Btw, which version of DCS do you run? Could be that i have wrong version. (2.7.7.15038)

I just updated to openbeta, did not check what version, latest I hope. of mods I only have SRS installed (but not using it). Still, I will try to remove all mods and repair again.

What I found out, that i get my pipers if I put hud switch to low position which should be off. I think that is very weird. Still, I could not hit my marks, I guess due to damn delay of fire button.

Rockets are fine thou. I guess all that practise on L-39 rockets paid off lol.

Rest...well...one step at a time xd.

Thank you for help.