X52 Pro problem

Slayer

Sorry to chime in late :) to make a long story short I picked up X52 pro yesterday and am having same problem where MFD displays key "action" game does not recognize them, except for a handful ie: cyclic, pitch, ect. Has anyone found a workaround yet !!! Running Windows Vista 64bit

Again sorry for the parrot act!

Also since I started using the pro whenever I crash or try to exit the session the game stops responding and I have to close it down in task mgr. and then game returns to the main page

Edited by GordoVicious

I was unable to find " DirectOutput.msi " file anywhere on my hard drive.

I found this file in the Driver file :

" DirectOutput.msi "

unpack it from the driver file and run the sdk output test..

though I still get the error "Saitek Rulez" message on my MFD when in Black Shark. No big deal. I guess.. just wish it was not such a pain to get working correctly.

:doh:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Hey Ram. I had that same problem as well, the fix posted here fixed it for me. are u running vista? is your game recognizing your key-bindings?

WinXP and yes the game recongizes all key bindings,, everything works great. just the MFD Saitek message..

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

nice for you!!! :) Must be a vista thing? everything worked fine with CH Throttle and Sidewinder until I turned the game off, when I went to keybinding page (even with the Saitek) i get the error mssg about the Shvkal slew, but nothing is bound? I load a profile into the X52 FCS and the MFD recognizes it, but only 3-4 controls work in game!!!! very frustrating cause I have been waiting for this game, ohh well not sure if i should just get a refund

2 things for you guys:

-The SaiDOoutput is a service, it is under the services tab of Task manager , not the processes.

-Do yourself a favor and remove the lua-direct_output.dll from your "C:\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\bin\stable\" folder...or wherever you have installed the game.

This should take care of most of your problems

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

-Do yourself a favor and remove the lua-direct_output.dll from your "C:\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\bin\stable\" folder...or wherever you have installed the game.

This should take care of most of your problems

I really wish there was a way to fix the crashes _without_ deleting that file, as I really want to get scripting the MFD and LEDs on the controller. Any devs reading that could help - is this a planned fix?

did you clear the profile from the x52? by right clicking on the taskbar.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Agreed, after deleting said file, problems have been fixed however I am having trouble editing X52 profile and then having the game recognize the new commands

Hmm not sure we're talking about the same thing. Removing the dll shouldn't affect controller input/profile at all. But it does stop you writing to the MFD/LED lights using lua scripts in the game.

Theres updated beta profile software that might help the few still having problems. I started a new thread for feedback in the HOTAS/Cockit forum.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=38139

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

• 4 weeks later...

The Saitek "lua-direct_output.dll" is still causing crashes, even if I delete it, rename it..

It causes my game and computer to crash. It appears this must be fixed ASAP. I have no idea why it causes so much grief. For the first month of so I didn't seem to have any problems. But now it's a mess. There also maybe some problems with it that got worse when Saitek rleased the new Beta2 SST software and the "lua-direct_output.dll" file. I am not sure. But that's what seems to be happening...

:cry:

For now I put the "lua-direct_output.dll" file back in and am using it. I get the Saitek Rullez message. But, this is all the lesser of two evils. I will have to fly more in the next few days. As of tonight 1.5 hours was wasted with computer crashes while trying to fly Black Shark.

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

yep,

That file has to be used.. even if it causes other problems, at least I can fly for now... I just flew one hour with no crashes... I mean full game and full computer crashes..

:joystick:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

For now I put the "lua-direct_output.dll" file back in and am using it. I get the Saitek Rullez message. But, this is all the lesser of two evils. I will have to fly more in the next few days. As of tonight 1.5 hours was wasted with computer crashes while trying to fly Black Shark.

If the message itself is really bothering you that much, you can change/remove it. Look in Scripts\X52Pro\X52Pro.lua in your Black Shark folder, if memory serves.

The Saitek "lua-direct_output.dll" is still causing crashes, even if I delete it, rename it..

It causes my game and computer to crash. It appears this must be fixed ASAP. I have no idea why it causes so much grief. For the first month of so I didn't seem to have any problems. But now it's a mess. There also maybe some problems with it that got worse when Saitek rleased the new Beta2 SST software and the "lua-direct_output.dll" file. I am not sure. But that's what seems to be happening...

:cry:

The reason you probably didn't get the crash earlier is possibly because you were maping the buttons in the game interface instead of using the programing software. When I initially got the Russian version I only used the game to program the stick, it didn't crash alot until I made a SD6 profile.

ED Rik said in another thread they are fixing the bug in the patch, so lets keep our fingers crossed this will be gone soon :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

If the message itself is really bothering you that much, you can change/remove it. Look in Scripts\X52Pro\X52Pro.lua in your Black Shark folder, if memory serves.

I tried to say it isn't the message, it actually causes my game to crash if I do rename it, and before that it caused my game to crash if I didn't rename it, and if I renamed it if fixed it for a while then it caused the game to crash.. I could not win no matter what I did. Now it does not crash as long as I leave it alone. It appears I need that file as it is.

If it sound confusing .. IT IS! the patch needs to fix that damned file regardless...

:helpsmilie:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Hello from Afghanistan

Hello from Afghanistan

Im an Army Sergeant stationed somewhere in Afghanistan until Jan 2010. Ive been waiting with the rest of you guys for the resease of BS. Unfortunally for me, I got deployed before its release. What should an Infantry Soldier do? Adapt and overcome!! I have order the game online (took 24hrs to DL) ordered CH pedals, Track IR 4 pro, and the X52 pro. They all should be here in around 2-3 weeks (mail sucks) but silly me for not reading about the Saitek problems. After reading this thread Im assuming the problems have not been fixed and Im wondering what are you guys doing while either Saitek or DCS come up with a solution.

cheers:pilotfly:

Edited by bigsarge

for some there is no problem,, for along time I had no problem,, just not sure if Saitek Beta2 SST is part of the problem or just that file.. just can't tell you... you might not have any,,regardless, don't worry, because if there is a determined problem, it will be fixed.... You are worring for nothing.. I still fly... I just posted some experiences... :joystick:

Hello from Afghanistan

Im an Army Sergeant stationed somewhere in Afghanistan until Jan 2010. Ive been waiting with the rest of you guys for the resease of BS. Unfortunally for me, I got deployed before its release. What should an Infantry Soldier do? Adapt and overcome!! I have order the game online (took 24hrs to DL) ordered CH pedals, Track IR 4 pro, and the X52 pro. They all should be here in around 2-3 weeks (mail sucks) but silly me for not reading about the Saitek problems. After reading this thread Im assuming the problems have not been fixed and Im wondering what are you guys doing while either Saitek or DCS come up with a solution.

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Okay guys, to add to the problems or maybe my symptons might help someone figure what what is wrong?

I have a new X52 pro and the beta SST software mentioned in the thread earlier. I have Vista home premium { i guess 32 bit?] and DCS. I can load a profile and it shows on the mfd, but in the editor is a button to test the profile. When i push any buttons on the x52 nothing shows in this screen, yet if i push the keyboard or mouse it shows up okay. The same is repeated ingame, the axis work okay and the hat for look around but no other buttons. Do these symptoms have a solution or seem familiar to anyone please?

regards

drummer :music_whistling:

I have order the game online (took 24hrs to DL) ordered CH pedals, Track IR 4 pro, and the X52 pro. They all should be here in around 2-3 weeks (mail sucks) but silly me for not reading about the Saitek problems. After reading this thread Im assuming the problems have not been fixed and Im wondering what are you guys doing while either Saitek or DCS come up with a solution.

I have the X52 Pro and TrackIR 4 too - it's all good once you remove the offending file (mentioned above and in most other threads in the forum ;)). However, I bind pretty much everything in the game - I don't use shift-states or modes in Black Shark. I found that there are enough unshifted buttons to bind everything that's on the real KA-50 HOTAS, and with TrackIR/mouse you can quickly and easily flick everything else in the virtual cockpit.

If you're happy to do that, you should be fine :)

Okay guys, to add to the problems or maybe my symptons might help someone figure what what is wrong?

I have a new X52 pro and the beta SST software mentioned in the thread earlier. I have Vista home premium { i guess 32 bit?] and DCS. I can load a profile and it shows on the mfd, but in the editor is a button to test the profile. When i push any buttons on the x52 nothing shows in this screen, yet if i push the keyboard or mouse it shows up okay. The same is repeated ingame, the axis work okay and the hat for look around but no other buttons. Do these symptoms have a solution or seem familiar to anyone please?

regards

drummer :music_whistling:

Yes it does the same thing here. Your doing it without a profile open in the editor. You must have the profile you want to test loaded in the editor and when you use the test function it temporarily overrides anything that may be loaded on your stick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

I tried to say it isn't the message, it actually causes my game to crash if I do rename it, and before that it caused my game to crash if I didn't rename it, and if I renamed it if fixed it for a while then it caused the game to crash.. I could not win no matter what I did. Now it does not crash as long as I leave it alone. It appears I need that file as it is.

If it sound confusing .. IT IS! the patch needs to fix that damned file regardless...

:helpsmilie:

You should just leave the file renamed and then work on troubleshooting what the other causes are for you to crash. If it is it renamed or deleted it cannot cause the game to crash because it isn't loaded. It sounds to me as if you may have multiple problems. Try to be more specific on what the actual crashes are after removing the file and maybee we can figure out what your other problem is.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs