Marianas - no RSBN and no preprogrammed radio channels - or am I wrong? :)

loscsaba86

Hello Community

The map of Caucasus is very cool, because the radio channels for the airports are preprogrammed, the RSBN and the PRMG beacons are working. So everything is super cool!

If I switch to the Marianas, there I dont find preprogrammed radio channels and RSBN stations. Even the 2 small papers on the right side of the cockpit have the names and details of the map Caucasus.

Did I miss something in the Mission Editor or what should I know regarding this?

Thank you for the answers in advance and have a nice evening.

Best regards,
Csaba

It's because the developers of the MiG-21bis haven't programmed any RSBN/PRMG stations on the Marianas map.

The table of presets is simply a static texture, and it doesn't change based on map, same for the radio presets. Some modules have these dynamics such that they display whatever the current preset channels are.

There's nothing in the mission editor you can do about it, but personally, I'd rather the MiG-21bis' RSBN system be unified with the natively implemented system (introduced with the L-39 IIRC), and have RSBN and PRMG stations be units that can be placed in the mission editor, and have channels assigned to them, which would resolve this issue.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 weeks later...