Notchy TM50CM2 stick

markturner1960

Hi, while very pleased in general with my new stick, I have noticed a definite issue with a click or notch at part of the deflection. Is this usual for the stick? It’s kinda irritating…

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

There’s not supposed to be a notch…

Open it up and check if maybe the screws holding the cam needs tightening.
You could also try swapping the cams to see if it maybe is a flaw on the surface of the cam.

Instructions available here:

https://support.virpil.com/en/support/solutions/articles/47001156330--base-vpc-mongoost-50cm2-base-user-manual

Edited by Goblin

It's on the pitch axis around 30% deflection, a definite notch and an audible clunk....what 2 screws do you mean please?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

OK, so its not the cams being notchy....its some small play where the stick mounts the base. The locking collar is done up tight, but there is a very small bit of play in the stick still. i will try and make some kind of gasket to take up the slack....

Virpil has excellent support. They took care of me with a sloppy mini stick on my CM3 throttle beautifully. I sent the unit to them and they had it serviced and returned very promptly and has been running great ever since. This was several months ago and the throttle has been perfect ever since.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Sorry for the late reply--just seeing this.  The two screws are just above the serial number plate.  Your description is exactly what mine was doing--not saying it is your problem, but the description fits what mine was doing.

Also, agree completely with @dburneI've had to send something back to Virpil (I'm in the states) and the service is topnotch. 

IMG_1790.jpg

Thanks, I am using a TM F18 grip on the base, and the slack is between the shaft of this and the circular locking ring. I have tightened a screw in a similar place to where Goodhope indicated and it’s helped, a lot, although not disappeared completely…thanks