No volt-meter or amp-meter?

amalahama

Impresive work with BS!! But I can't understand why volt meter and amp meter are not modelled. I think they are fundamental gauges to control the electrical system, as hydraulic system has his own pressure gauges. There are some plans to improve the electrical system some day?

And what's about Kh-25L? We could see some of them under the Ka-50 wings in a old BS screen. Is there some plans to include them in the future?

And finally, are the printed manual binded? If in the future Ka-50 takes some improvements, can we bring the manual up to date with the last improvements, with additional pages?

Regards!!

And what's about Kh-25L? We could see some of them under the Ka-50 wings in a old BS screen. Is there some plans to include them in the future?

The real aircraft does not use them, and IIRC, they are down-right dangerous to use ... and best left to fixed-wing fighters. It also saddles you with two heavy missiles which you practically have to launch together - in short, it makes your helicopter a relatively ineffective missile employment platform.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Seriously, modelling the electrical system in such detail (to manage voltage and amperage fluctuations and spikes as systems are switched on and off) is a) a seriously massive job, and b) of almost zero practical importance in this type of sim. Really, it would be of use to train ground engineers, thats it IMHO. I do it for a living, and believe me, you can only verify 115 VAC, 400 HZ, 28VDC (or whatever it should be) only so many times a day before it all becomes a bit dull.

Of course, what is of importance, is knowing where systems get their power from (ie Gen 1 or 2), and if some kind of overload condition is occurring (unlikely). But actual volts and amps? Not in my opinion...

Edited by ARM505

Seriously, modelling the electrical system in such detail (to manage voltage and amperage fluctuations and spikes as systems are switched on and off) is a) a seriously massive job, and b) of almost zero practical importance in this type of sim. Really, it would be of use to train ground engineers, thats it IMHO. I do it for a living, and believe me, you can only verify 115 VAC, 400 HZ, 28VDC (or whatever it should be) only so many times a day before it all becomes a bit dull.

Of course, what is of importance, is knowing where systems get their power from (ie Gen 1 or 2), and if some kind of overload condition is occurring (unlikely). But actual volts and amps? Not in my opinion...

To see the actual volts and amps have the same importance than to see hydraulic pressure in accumulators - and we can see this one in BS. Today many FS addons have amp and volt meters modelled, even breakers. It's a good indicator about the health of the electrical system in adverse conditions (extreme cold for example...or what about combat damage?), and if for any reason you have your generators spoiled and you have to suck electricity from your batteries, yeah, a good amp-meter and a nice control of electrical stuff is a good think if you want to landing safely.

I'm talking about realism coherency here; It doesn't have any sense for me to model a uber-realistic hidraulic system with tons of sensors and indicators and a half-made electric system, at least as indicators is concerned.

Regards!!

Edited by amalahama

The real aircraft does not use them, and IIRC, they are down-right dangerous to use ... and best left to fixed-wing fighters.

Haha, thought you were talking about volt/amp-meter here, and it seemed a bit extreme to say they are dangerous :)

Afaik the gauge is on the wall panel, almost behind you.

Yes, but the manual also states that they are not implemented in the sim, which I guess is why we have the topic.