Hud is close to invisible in bright weather

Snappy

On the latest beta the Viggen's HUD  becomes close to invisible in bright weather conditions, even when not flying directly into the sun.
Please fix this and increase contrast to the scene behind the projector glass.

Examples(with HUD brightness already set on maximum) :

hud2b.jpg

Hudglare1b.jpg

hud1b.jpg

• Like 3

I'll second this. I've messed around with my graphics settings and the  in game HUD brightness with no real luck. I know any kind of projected light system is going to get washed out at certain brightness levels but in comparison to other planes in the sim the Viggen's is really hard to see.

• Thanks 1

In DCS the old gods are dead and we pray to the new gods RNG and Fate. It's time to toss the dice.

2 hours ago, Snappy said:

@IronMike,

can you please add this to be bug tracker?Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Snappy

Will do, thank you for the ping!

• Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I just started back in DCS and I'm having this problem in the Viggen. Hud is so dim it's unreadable. Apparently it's not fixed. How is everyone getting around this problem? The HUD brightness knob only rotates about 90 degrees or 1/4 turn. Is that correct?

Edited by zxrex
more info

• 4 months later...

it is a shame... we paid much money on this bird... now the discord channel from HB is on, but like here... No response on this issue...

HEATBLUR fix the HUD...

edit: now i got a response in discord

Edited by MiDoMa
response

Are you able to see the HUD symbols against direct glare from the sun the off snow, clouds, and water in other modules?

Edited by Machalot

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."