How to unlock CCRP target of CBU-97

sthompson

I'm having trouble refining the CCRP aim point when preparing to drop CBU-97s from the A-10A. The lock button seems to ground stabilize the target point, but then I can't slew it or unlock it to set a new one. Any thoughts on how to proceed if you push the lock button a bit inaccurately?

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2022 at 8:44 PM, sthompson said:

I'm having trouble refining the CCRP aim point when preparing to drop CBU-97s from the A-10A. The lock button seems to ground stabilize the target point, but then I can't slew it or unlock it to set a new one. Any thoughts on how to proceed if you push the lock button a bit inaccurately?

push the lock button again. it supposed to unlock it. rule of thumb when using the 97's, first get in as close to zoom in with your FOV then lock the reticle circle just in front of the targets estimate this so when you get turned around turn out come back in then turn on your ccrp.  or when ingress make sure your above 7,000ft, if this is not an option; dip the nose zoom in fov and get the lock reticle circle out side the target that are moving. and level off as fast as possible make sure in CCRP, then keep the steer point on target in the drop reticle.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff
  • Like 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||