Trobbles to config my TM Cougar in Win 11

I just received a total new system and tried to install the TM Cougar on my system. I followed all details who were post from Rudel but it gaves the warning, not device detected.  In windows itself i see and i can fly in DCS, so axis works fine, but when i try to define the buttom with the helptool Foxy (with all updates) it still says no device detected. 

Error TM Cougar.jpg

Configuration:  

Windows 11 Home/ Intel Core i9-12900FRTX 3080 10 GB/ 64GB DDR4-3200/ 2 TB m.2 NVMe/ HP Reverb G2/V2/ Thrustmaster Cougar Hotas/ 

INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT@ross_impress • Instagram-foto's en -video's  (everything about the real flying world, drone and DCS)

Well I had this issue happen when I switched to Win 10 some years back. IF unplugging the USB and plugging it back in does not work, one possible thing to try is to Reflash the Stick.. Now if you do not know how to do this PLEASE DONT DO THIS.

But basically you unplug the USB stick then remove the throttle from the sick, WARNING!!!!! if You Flash the stick with the Throttle plugged in you will brick the Throttle.. Now I always have issues when flashing the stick it just takes some patience and several tries..

I know you can flash the stick through Foxy and there is another trick where you unplug the stick, then while unplugged hold the trigger button down and plug it back in then release it should bring up the flash menu, or something like that..

there are old guides out there on how this is done but as long as you unplug the throttle from the stick you should be good.. But be warned I never tried it on Win 11 so who knows what will happen??

• Like 1

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

If this were happening to me, I’d rather install Windows 10 on the Pc, instead of risking a firmware flashing 0n an unsupported Windows. One thing you could try first, is to install the Cougar on another PC or notebook of your house that uses win10 (your wife’s or son’s) .. it does not matter if it does not has DCS, its just to try the Cougar software and be sure that the issue is in fact the OS or is actually a Hotas issue.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 years later...

well I just recieved a notification on this thread but I since had installed win 11 and when this happened to me I needed to turn off memory integrity core isolation, to get the drivers installed on win 11 for the stick to be recognised, you can also flash the firmware but as a last resort..

• Thanks 1

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

30 minutes ago, The_Nephilim said:

I needed to turn off memory integrity core isolation, to get the drivers installed on win 11 for the stick to be recognised

Thanks a lot for the tip, but I'm still wary of Windows 11 and so I will stick to Windows 10 for as long as I can 🙂

Edit: and a quick search shows I'm not alone on this matter:  https://www.windowscentral.com/software-apps/windows-11/windows-10-still-has-more-than-double-the-market-share-of-windows-11-and-that-doesnt-look-like-it-will-change-any-time-soon#:~:text=Windows 11 launched in 2021,market share of Windows 10.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

yes win11 is a hoot no need to upgrade just yet.. I am stickingwith win 10 for now as well..

• Like 1

no you need to run in win vista service pack 2 compatibility mode..