Brevity Codes

masonator

Anybody know if the Russian Ka50 pilots use Brevity codes at all? For example, when an A-10 pilot launches a Maverick, he calls "Rifle" on the radio, or an F-16 pilot will call "Fox 1" if he fires a semi-active radar guided missile.

Is there such a thing for Vikhr? I tried looking online to see if there is something that the US Army uses when firing a Hellfire, but didn't find anything.

If anybody is interested in NATO brevity codes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brevity_code

I have seen a video where the gunner called "Missle Out" but I don't know if it was a radio call or just over the intercom to the pilot.

MD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

I tried looking online to see if there is something that the US Army uses when firing a Hellfire, but didn't find anything.

To me, saying "Rifle" instead of "Maverick" is not a brevity code, it's an encryption code.

And in the U.S. Army, pilots don't typically tell each other exactly when they are doing every little thing. For example, in a flight of two, one might say to the other "engaging target" or similar. They probably would not specify the weapon system being used. Between the front and back seater, they would be more specific, but only because of the cooperative nature of the engagement. So the front seater might say "engaging with hellfire" so the back seater would know he needs to keep the aircraft within certain constraints. There is no special word in the U.S. Army for different weapons systems, except that missiles are sometimes just referred to as "missile" instead of their specific type, such as "Hellfire" or "TOW". Rockets are either just called "rockets", or maybe something slightly more specific if they are not HE, such as "engaging with MPSM". Again, no cutesy code word, just plain English.

Although I have no clue, I would expect Ka-50 pilots to do the same, i.e. "Gun/Cannon", "Vikhr", or "Rockets".

I tried looking online to see if there is something that the US Army uses when firing a Hellfire, but didn't find anything.

MULTI-SERVICE BREVITY CODES

FM 3-54.10 [FM 3-97.18]

MCRP 3-25B

NTTP 6-02.1

AFTTP(I) 3-2.5

JUNE 2003

- this is source you are looking for

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer