DML - Mission Creation Toolbox [no Lua required]

34 minutes ago, Panthir said:

This option will give the mission editor flexibility to allow score award to players for destroyed scenery objects.

Ah. And therein lies the rub: objectDestructDetector triggers on "dead" events, PlayerScore on "kill" events. "Dead" events don't tell you who killed, "kill" events don't know if the object that was killed has an "object destruct detector" attached. That is the reason why events can't be awarded to individual players, so killing a scenery object can only be awarded if the name matches, and unfortunately, names aren't unique for scenery objects (a complete break with everything else in DCS, btw, not helpful).

Let me see if I can come up with some better integration between ODD and PlayerScore - it's not as if I haven't done that before (HeloTroops come to mind), even if tighter integration usually works against portability. I've now reserved a nice bottle of Aalto for this purpose tonight.

Red Tempranillo !!!

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

@cfrag

Salute and many thanks for the release of Version 2 and your continued hard work on developing this excellent tool box.

Using it I am now able to solve all sorts of problems that I could not get round with the standard triggers.

I am strongly advocating it to other members of my squad that work on mission building.

• Like 1

Visit the Dangerdogz at www.dangerdogz.com. We are a group based on having fun (no command structure, no expectations of attendance, no formal skills required, that is not to say we can not get serious for special events, of which we have many). We play DCS and IL2 GBS. We have two groups one based in North America / Canada and one UK / Europe. Come check us out. 

Wow.. I can't imagine what a labor of love this must be!!  Amazing work.  I am slowly coming to grips with the DML system.

Quick question, though. I did a quick search of this thread for UH-60L and ADF and didn't find a similar report, so here goes.

- Running the latest CSAR in Georgia demo mission (from the very recent release in the top post).  I added a UH-60L to the base and edited the CSARManagerConfig zone to add the UH-60L as an active Helo for CSAR

Everything works fine, EXCEPT when I tune the UH-60L ADF to the frequency shown, the pointer doesn't move at all. I thought I just didn't know how to use ADF correctly in this mod, but I tuned to one of the built in Map ADF beacons,  (also in proper KHz units)and it worked fine.  Any ideas? Unfortunately I do not own any of the other helo mods to test it.

I realized I had the AH-64D, so I set it as a TROOP CARRIER (had to use the 'any' config item) and the ADF works just fine. Must be some UH-60L peculiarity (or some other OPERATOR ERROR on my part) Anyone get it working?

Edited by Recluse

4 minutes ago, Recluse said:

when I tune the UH-60L ADF to the frequency shown, the pointer doesn't move at all. I thought I just didn't know how to use ADF correctly in this mod, but I tuned to one of the built in Map ADF beacons, and it worked fine.  Any ideas?

If the ADF doesn't respond, that's usually a problem of the aircraft, because the CSAR mission uses DCS-internal code to set up the beacon. That being said, maybe there's just a mix-up of the frequencies. Since I do fly all the other helos (but only official modules), I'd be happy to check your mission with a Huey. Before we do that, however, why don't we simply set up a basic CSAR mission and see if we can get it to work with the Blackhawk.  Below please find an (updated) demo mission from DML. Adapt it so you can fly your Balckhaw (add it, and make sure that you add it to CSARmanager's config zone). Get into your whirlybird, and - on the tramac - lookup the locator's freq in the CSAR menu and try to set your ADF to it. I just verified in a Huey that it works well. 

From there on we can quickly work out what may be the issue.

demo - CSAR of Georgia.miz

Hi, Thanks for the reply. That is exactly what i did. Added the helo(s) to the CSAR of Georgia mission.  EVERYTHING else in the CSAR manager works fine in the UH-60L, and I did manage to check the DML ADF worked with the AH-64D Apache, so, I think it is a UH-60L issue.  What is odd is that the UH-60L picks up one of the built in ADF's (688 KHz  (if I recall correctly) just west of the Airbase) without any issue.  Must be a UH-60L thing. Was hoping someone else had tried it and could comment on whether it worked for them.

Edited by Recluse

cfrag, 

Great work. Quick question, any reason why TDZ would stop working suddenly? I had it all setup for Carrier Trap practice on a runway, was working great. Came back today to do more editing on the mission and now it's throwing all kinds of Lua errors. I made no changes to the TDZ zones or the config itself.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Screenshot 2024-01-12 204613.png

6 hours ago, bitboy said:

any reason why TDZ would stop working suddenly?

I thought that I caught that error a few weeks ago - it showed up with a FARP in proximity. Can you make sure that you are running the newest version of TDZ (current version is 1.0.2)? Also, since you apparently dofile scripts, be advised that DML 2.0 has changed some file names, which may cause issues.

Also of interest: which map and which airfield are you using? All things considered, I hope we can track this one down quickly 🙂 

Edited by cfrag

20 hours ago, Panthir said:

Red Tempranillo !!!

A successful endeavor, no hangover. Here's a miz that now can use data provided by an objectDestructDetector (ODD) to feed score to the player. ODD now has two no optional attributes per zone: redScore and blueScore to interface directly with PlayerScore. The score is only awarded to the player of the relevant faction.

In the demo, bomb the house next to the blue smoke.

ODD my score.miz

• Like 1

Hi Cfrag

Thanks for the massive update  I am just updating to your DML 2.0 files on my system.

I noticed that on GitHub artilleryUI.lua used to have cfx infront as in cfxartilleryUI.lua.

Also same for artilleryZones.lua , cargoManager.lua , cargoReceiver.lua.

Just giving you a heads up in case it creates problems with people trying to find the correct lua files to include ?

cheers steve

29 minutes ago, waterman said:

I noticed that on GitHub artilleryUI.lua used to have cfx infront as in cfxartilleryUI.lua.

Indeed - my apologies, I often write in a style that only I can comprehend. Above changes is what I meant when I wrote 

image.png

-ch

Hi Cfrag thanks

I will delete all my old DML files and download all of the DML upto date files on Github so the names and content are all correct.

thanks for the great DML work you do

cheers steve

cFrag,

Ahhh I think you may have nailed it. I have placed some helo landing pads within the airfield. (Caucasus map using Novorosski airfield). I'll try removing the helo pads, thanks! 

cFrag, The errors when away with the DML 2.0 TDZ.lua however I think something else when awry, now the landing zones are out of place. ?? I've dive into the documentation and see what's up. In this example there is supposed tot be a touch down zone at both ends of this single runway. I've also tried this with a brand new mission, just added one Carrier right zone, set the attributes and the zones on the F10 do not line up. Strange???

UPDATE: Did some testing, looks like there might be some strangeness with TDZ.lua 1.0.2 ? After I removed the Helo pads (FARPS), and several different runs the only consistency I can get is, the touchdown zones line as they should using TDZ.lua 1.0.1 and not so much using TDZ.lua 1.0.2. I've tried with this mission, and a clean brand new mission with just one airframe and one zone. 

Screenshot 2024-01-13 061247.png

Edited by bitboy

3 hours ago, cfrag said:

A successful endeavor, no hangover. Here's a miz that now can use data provided by an objectDestructDetector (ODD) to feed score to the player. ODD now has two no optional attributes per zone: redScore and blueScore to interface directly with PlayerScore. The score is only awarded to the player of the relevant faction.

In the demo, bomb the house next to the blue smoke.

ODD my score.miz 156.24 kB · 1 download

Dear @cfrag, I have just tested this mission and despite the fact that bangs the oKill flag and you get the relevant message, that the house is down, it doesn't give any score to the player. So, I modified the mission by adding a complete playerscore module setup. Moreover, I added a BTR-80 and a static object (Helicopter) for testing score. So, if you kill them you get points but you don't get points for the house, even if you get the message that the house is down. On the other hand, If you add in the mission blueScoreFlags trigger zone and you setup there the oKill to get 100 points, then when you destroy the house the team gets the 100 points but the player is awarded only with the points he gets from the BTR and the static helo. Moreover, I tried to add oKill to the playerScoreTable to check integration but it doesn't award any points either to the team or to the player.ODD my score (test without blueScoreFlags).miz

So, I was not able to find out what is the use if you add blueScore and redScore.

Cheers

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

33 minutes ago, Panthir said:

I have just tested this mission and despite the fact that bangs the oKill flag and you get the relevant message, that the house is down, it doesn't give any score to the player.

That is odd indeed. How are you destroying the house? Use the mk4 in the player-controlled blue A-Hog?

This is what I get when I do that.

image.png

Note that if the AI-controlled (late activation) plane kills the house, no score is awarded because AI don't get personal score.

Can I bother you to try again with the mission I posted and the A-10A?

Edited by cfrag

1 hour ago, bitboy said:

UPDATE: Did some testing, looks like there might be some strangeness with TDZ.lua 1.0.2

[blush] yes. I forgot to correctly default a new feature: manual placement of TDZ. That feature is already in there and working, but it is on by default. 

So, what you need to do is add a new attribute "manual" to all your TDZ with a value of "false" or "no". That should fix everything. The new TDZ version will default "manual" to "false" so you don't have to explicitly add it.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cfrag said:

That is odd indeed. How are you destroying the house? Use the mk4 in the player-controlled blue A-Hog?

This is what I get when I do that.

image.png

Note that if the AI-controlled (late activation) plane kills the house, no score is awarded because AI don't get personal score.

Can I bother you to try again with the mission I posted and the A-10A?

I tried your mission by replacing the A-10 with an F-18, I destroyed the house and I got the same message like you. The issue is that this is just an announcement and the score is not saved anywhere. In the mission, I sent you, which is exactly the same like yours (the only difference is that I added a BTR80 the a Static Helo, the playerScoreConfig, playerScoreTable, Persistence and the save menu zones), as you can see in the following screenshots, i destroyed the house and the BTR80. But although I was awarded with the BTR points (33) I didn't get any points for the house. The same occurred for the coalition Score.  

1.png

2.png

11 minutes ago, Panthir said:

I tried your mission by replacing the A-10 with an F-18, I destroyed the house and I got the same message like you.

I just checked your mission, and (probably due to linking the files, not running the internal DOSCRIPTs) it has replaced the new version 3.0.2 of PlayerScore that contains the new interface to ODD with the older version from DML 2.0. I think that if you update PlayerScore in your updated mission with the one from the one I sent it should work. To make things easier, please find the updated PlayerScore below

playerScore.lua

Edited by cfrag

7 minutes ago, cfrag said:

I just checked your mission, and (probably due to linking the files, not running the internal DOSCRIPTs) it has replaced the new version 3.0.2 of PlayerScore that contains the new interface to ODD with the older version from DML 2.0. I think that if you update PlayerScore in your updated mission with the one from the one I sent it should work. To make things easier, please find the updated PlayerScore below

playerScore.lua 52.86 kB · 0 downloads

I will test asap

13 minutes ago, cfrag said:

playerScore.lua 52.86 kB · 0 downloads

Just tested it and it works perfectly. You are faster than the light. Many thanks have a nice weekend!!!!!!!!!

Salute

Does anyone know how I can get cloned ground units (based on a template) to attack other cloned ground units?

My scenario is I am building a desert tank battle and it has been easier to build a template of tanks and then place the clone location (if I need to move it I can just move the zone, way easier than if I had placed tanks)

The advanced command to attack group / unit has no available information for the cloned location?

Am I just going to have to suck it up and create my own stored template and just keep placing that?

Any advice / pointers welcome.

Visit the Dangerdogz at www.dangerdogz.com. We are a group based on having fun (no command structure, no expectations of attendance, no formal skills required, that is not to say we can not get serious for special events, of which we have many). We play DCS and IL2 GBS. We have two groups one based in North America / Canada and one UK / Europe. Come check us out. 

Please disregard this Previous message of mine. I messed it up and found the issue. I did spend a little over an hour trying to make something work. I’ll try to explain it. Oh but don’t disregard my compliment of DML. I have also showed my squadrons mission makers how quick and powerful it is. I’m sure they will start using it in our campaigns! 

To my question. I am working on something where airframes are important and shouldn’t be lost to the best of the pilots ability. They are on the main base ramp (using SSB and sitting duck modules) and both are working on server hosting the mission (along with other fun modules you have made!). What I want is if the main base call it base Alpha has 8x airframes, and if they are lost via single use SSB, a radio menu to call in for more airframes. The radio menu would allow 4 more airplanes each their own group to be airspawned at top of the map as if they are coming from a different airbase out of the map. They should be slot blocked until the radio menu is used. I just am unable to get these late spawn aircraft to be properly slot blocked. It lets me slot in but shouldn’t do that unless the group is activated.

Further more, not sure if implemented from reading the docs. I see you have the limited airframes module that counts the coalition pilot lives. Is there a way to use this to count individual player specific lives? Player 1 has 3 lives and player 2 has 3 lives. If they lose all their lives they require csar to pick them up to gain them back? Again just in documentation could only find a blue team red team lives not player 1 and player 2 etc. thanks!! Very long winded. I appreciate it and hope I conveyed my issue to you!