Glitching

franx

Earlier this year I upgraded my computer to an Alienware Aurora Ryzen.  Windows 10, 64 bit home edition.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, 6 core.  Grafix card: AMD Radeon 6800XT, 16 gigs video RAM

32 gigs RAM.  I also routinely use Process Lasso.

My frustration is this:  I've got double the video RAM, a faster processor, and double my normal RAM, and Im getting more glitching in DCS than I did before.  Any suggestions to help uncover what's causing this nonsense??

aka MadMonk; Windows 10, 64 bit, Radeon 6800XT gpu, Ryzen 5 5600 cpu, 32 gig ram; Samsung 2TB EVO SSD, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Saitek combat rudder pedals; Oculus Rift.

35 minutes ago, franx said:

My frustration is this:  I've got double the video RAM, a faster processor, and double my normal RAM, and Im getting more glitching in DCS than I did before.  Any suggestions to help uncover what's causing this nonsense??

Yes. Please attach a video or at least screenshots of the glitches you see.

A track would be welcome too, of course.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

By glitching I mean stuttering or hiccups during play.

I've attached a quick and very sloppy runway track.  But you'll see what I mean.

test.trk

aka MadMonk; Windows 10, 64 bit, Radeon 6800XT gpu, Ryzen 5 5600 cpu, 32 gig ram; Samsung 2TB EVO SSD, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Saitek combat rudder pedals; Oculus Rift.

Thanks for the track. It helps a lot more than your OP to understand what you're dealing with. It's not a "2D video bug" at all (I see your post was moved here), it's a complete radio comm mess in your mission.

All aircraft are very close to their targets: they see them right away and announce them on the radio all at the same time.

You can do something about it:

1. For starters, avoid giving the same callsign to different groups (Enfield 1 is given to a A-10 group and to a F-16C group ; Pontiac 1 is also shared between two groups). Ths way, you can easily spot which groups are talking at the same time.
  2. Move the flights away from the targets and do not place them next to each other, so they won't announce their targets at the same time.
  3. If you don't want to hear their reports, uncheck their 'Radio' box (they will never talk again) or turn on their "Silence" option (affected to one of their waypoint, you can make them talk again when they reach another waypoint) or use a 'Radio usage when contact' restriction.
  4. Also, when you're not flying a FC3 aircraft, make the AI flight use different frequencies (FC3 aircraft can hear all frequencies at once, that's apparently a feature, so far).

Edited by Flappie

Thanks but no, that doesn't help.  I've been playing DCS, on and off, for more than 15 years, and this is unusually frustrating.  

As an added bonus, the sim doesn't seem to remember or use the profile I input.

Your counsel is really excellent Frappie, I've been tracking your posts.  But for some reason I've still got my stuttering.  Frustrating.

Ah sorry, I misunderstood completely. Your track shows no graphic issue on my end, which led me to believe you were complaiinig about radio comms. 🤦‍♂️

OK, let's try again. Please attach:

• your dxdiag log (howto)
  • your dcs.log file (Saved Games/DCS.../Logs)

Can you make a short video of your issue? It could help.

Also, please run this command in a "cmd" window and paste the result here:  wmic pagefile list /format:list