Landing on ships. How the get them to lower the rails?

MAXsenna

I would've thought that contacting them over ATC should do it.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I played Argo Campaign long ago (for my memory), but IIRC:
1. Argo was OHP (Oliver Hazard Perry).
2. The method for lowering the rails was definitely given somewhere here on the forums, but I couldn't find it now. I think it involved setting a frequency in ME, somewhere, somehow. Then you fly and tell them you're inbound via - I think - ATC comms menu. They should lower the rails then.
3. Argo Campaign may not have this feature pre-set or I was just too absent-minded to spot/use it. If the former is true, you'd have to modify each mission in advance for it to work (if that's possible). If the latter is true - see in the ATC menu if you have Argo anywhere there.

Edited by scoobie

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

2 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

I would've thought that contacting them over ATC should do it.

Sure, but which one? 🤔 😉 

1 hour ago, scoobie said:

I played Argo Campaign long ago (for my memory), but IIRC:
1. Argo was OHP (Oliver Hazard Perry).
2. The method for lowering the rails was definitely given somewhere here on the forums, but I couldn't find it now. I think it involved setting a frequency in ME, somewhere, somehow. Then you fly and tell them you're inbound via - I think - ATC comms menu. They should lower the rails then.
3. Argo Campaign may not have this feature pre-set or I was just too absent-minded to spot/use it. If the former is true, you'd have to modify each mission in advance for it to work (if that's possible). If the latter is true - see in the ATC menu if you have Argo anywhere there.

Thanks. I did actually read through the accompanying docs, but couldn't find any clue there. 

It seems easy comms is forced in this campaign, but I'm not sure. Anyway, a list of ATC targets is shown in the comms menu. And all ships seems to be on the default  127.500 frequency, while the mission card states it should be on 116.000

Well, gonna try it some more. Of course it's possible to land anyway, but after getting used to the Mi-8, the Huey is literally a nightmare. And was soooo easy before. 😊