Parked Planes Bug

Tank50us

So, for an upcoming mission I have a Forrestal with some parked planes on the deck since the carrier isn't supposed to be used yet in our current campaign. However, the aircraft that are supposed to be 'parked' on the deck aren't showing up, they're attached to the carrier on the sea floor apparently. The other aircraft in the screenshot are just 'deactivated' planes waiting for a trigger to activate (which won't happen, it's just for show). Does anyone else have this issue?

Screenshots:

20220130223000_1.jpg

The setup to show that yes, the statics are setup correctly

and the result:

20220130223117_1.jpg

Note that the only aircraft visible on deck, are the non statics. I am using a different livery, just so that the landing area can actually be seen when we go to start using the carrier.

• 2 weeks later...

Try not to use non-statics, and compare please if it happens on both Forrestal, Stennis and Supercarriers alike please. thank you!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

On 2/9/2022 at 9:00 AM, draconus said:

Any relevance to this "issue"?

I don't think they're connected. What was happening in my case was an uncontrolled aircraft was pushed a task prior to the "start" task. In cases like that, DCS will simply deactivate/despawn the uncontrolled aircraft.

OP's issue appears to be with static assets, rather than uncontrolled aircraft. His terminology is confusing, but I think by "deactivated" he means "uncontrolled and unstarted" aircraft. Those he shows us are working as he wants.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann