Link16 implementation Questions

Duervol

Hello if ED going to implement full LINK 16 and IDM for F-16 then yes all data A-A and A-G could be shared via LINK16 and intraflight data could be shared via IDM.

So aircrafts with LINK 16 can share same data, aircrafts with IDM can share data with VHF-UHF band IDM like F/A-18 , JF e.t.c 

General The IDM is a digital modem that operates in conjunction with on-board radios and the rest of the avionic system to
provide data communications with other users. In order to communicate with each other, each user must have an IDM terminal
that is operating on a radio tuned to the same frequency or net and has compatible initialization parameters set

You are right, I am hoping that this will be happening and not only flight internal.

Does anybody know if our JHMCS ist also capable of showing flight members? Wondering if this will be coming or not?

Edited by Duervol

• ED Team

Bear in mind that just because multiple aircraft types operate on the same datalink, or have the same communications hardware, it doesn't mean they can share the same information. The datalink terminals may be able to receive the data or messaging, but the avionics may not be capable of or programmed to display it.  I would manage expectations accordingly.

Edited by Raptor9
  • Like 3

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

On 2/11/2022 at 7:56 AM, Duervol said:

You are right, I am hoping that this will be happening and not only flight internal.

Does anybody know if our JHMCS ist also capable of showing flight members? Wondering if this will be coming or not?

Our JHMCS will only be able to show 1 PDLT which is selected by TMS up on them on the HSD. Newer JHMCS implementations show datalink just like the hornet.

On 2/18/2022 at 8:38 PM, llOPPOTATOll said:

Our JHMCS will only be able to show 1 PDLT which is selected by TMS up on them on the HSD. Newer JHMCS implementations show datalink just like the hornet.

Thanks, thats what I am aiming for.
At least it sounds like a thing I am waiting for 🙂