Syria map gobbles up all ram - CTD , and worse.

zero

Been away for a while.

Waiting for Apache - I wanted to warm up again.

DCS updated. I wanted to try Syria map. 

Even with low settings and pre load set low, it ends with a CTD - often with a black screen.  CNtr/Alt//Del takes minutes to react. Unfreeze Windows takes minutes

Tried with a simple mission . Just a single F16 with 3 wpt.  The same with old A10 that worked before. 

Syria map uninstall and reinstall.  Often the crash ends with a crash log that is sent to DCS.

The latest crash was serious - maybe it coincided with a normal Win update?

PC restarted itself.  Win updated 7 times in a row. Then a 10 minute clean up run.

Nevada works fine.   

Syria does indeed eat ram.  How much have you got?

I assume that you’ve closed down all other apps and processes that you don’t need?

In addition, I find that logging out in Win10, then logging back in, just before starting DCS helps clean up ram prior to playing

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

In Syria MP for hours at a time with no issue. 16GB total but 25% in use outside of DCS  so 12 pretty much.  Have 16GB gpu memory so maybe that helps. Did not have issues either when gpu was just 11GB

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

• 1 month later...

I'm noticing this problem too. It seems worse since the last beta update. I have 32 GB ram with plenty of room for a large pagefile. I'm noticing that DCS uses 15-18 GB ram according to Windows Task Manager, but doing the math, I see that it uses more like 25+ GB. I'm wondering if there is a memory leak, especially since DCS Syria is using more ram than it is reporting. Closing DCS frees up all that ram.

• 3 months later...

I am noticing it as well 64gb and it uses up more and more ram until it maxes it out especially if you don't have a page file. It takes around 1.5 hours in multiplayer on a populated server before it uses enough ram to crash the Game (59gb+).