A-10C II In Cockpit Engine Sounds

Kracicot77
Go to solution Solved by MstrCmdr,

Hey, just went to fly the Warthog today and noticed that upon adding full throttle for takeoff the engine sounds seem to be acting funny. I just watched a recent video to confirm that it's not a change that I missed (haven't flown it for a while). However it gives a weird "hollow whiny" sound, completely different than I remember and what was heard in the video. It also seemed to have a sound missing, as I increased the throttle there was no sound change, but almost silence from about 30-60% fan speed. Sorry I don't have a track or anything to post, however just thought I would ask the question to see if anyone else is making this same observation. Note; I also tried the same thing with the A-10C and the behavior was replicated there as well. 

You are not the same. I've experienced it twice in the last week in A-10C II. From startup up until stepping onto runway all was fine. Then I do the run-up to prepare for takeoff and engine sound seems to just go away. If the gauges didn't work I'd have no way to know that my engine is running at all. The bad thing is that those were MP sessions and I had trouble replicating it so can't provide the track.

lol just noticed I put this under the wrong thread... Oops. Glad you were able to find it though. Interesting you made the same observation, I only tested within one game instance when I noticed it so I am interested to see if I will encounter the issue next time I play. Same situation though, first noticed in multiplayer then hopped into single player and still noticed the same thing from a runway start. Hopefully a mod can move this to the A-10C II thread.

50 minutes ago, MstrCmdr said:

Out of curiosity do you have the UH60 mod?  I uninstalled it because my engine sounds for nearly all modules got all out of whack with it.

Very Interesting, I do have it yes. I will uninstall that mod and run a repair see if that fixes anything. Thanks for the tip! Strange that you also dealt with other sounds being modified, the only one that seems off on my end is the A-10C so far.