Automatic Backup Process Deletes the Transmit Message Subtitle

Greetings all,

I've come across a bug in the Mission Editor that deletes the text/subtitle output of the Transmit Message command during the auto backup process.  It appears similar to the bug listed in this thread back in December: 

That bug occurred when manually saving, but this one only occurs when the automatic backup process fires.  Apologies if it's already been posted, but I haven't seen it despite searching.  The weird thing is that the backup save is fine, but the current mission in the ME after the save is missing all the texts.  In other words, if you notice the problem and open the most recent backup, your mission is fine.  The first time the auto-backup triggers, the subtitles are replaced with "DictKey_subtitle_###".  The 2nd time the auto backup triggers, it wipes the text altogether.

I've attached some before and after screenshots of the auto-backup.  The first picture is before the backup kicks off.  The 2nd pic is after 1 auto-backup.  And the third pic is after 2 auto-backups.  I'm on the latest version, 2.7.10.19473.

I've shut off the automatic backup process altogether because of this, which is a shame, because that process has saved my bacon a few times.

Thanks,

Spike

MEBugMessageErasedBefore.jpg

MEBugMessageErasedAfter.jpg

MEBugMessageErasedAfter2nd.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @Malakhit. I'm still unable to reproduce the issue. I use this procedure:

1. Enable 'Editor Auto-Save' (set 1 minute in order to speed up the bug reproduction).
  2. Create new mission.
  3. Add an aircraft and give it a "Transmit message" triggered action with a subtitle.
  4. Wait one minute for the first automatic backup to be made: the subtitle is still present.
  5. Now, manually save the mission (File > Save): the subtitle is still present.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...