key mapping not working

runer

I'm having a problem mapping my =[]\ keys in-game. I have to remap = to itself, then it shows up as Prev but works. [ doesn't work, but ] and \ map to [ and ]... so I remapped my radio key away from \ to fix my tracking gate size keys. All of my other keys work fine though (that I know of).

I had this problem with the Russian version on both XP and Vista 32. I thought it was an international keyboard issue and would go away with the English release but it hasn't.

I'm now using the English release in Vista 32 with a Saitek X52 Pro and TrackIR 4. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

• ED Team

What kind of keyboard do you use (please, provide link to description if possible)?

Try to clear (for example) ABRIS control keys (1, 2, 3, 4) and remap your =, [, ], \ keys to them - will they works?

Do you assign keys and fly simulator in the same mode ("real")? (stupid question, but...).

Do you use any 3rd party keyboard mapping software?

Did you change or replace any files from ..\Config\Input\Aircrafts\ka-50\*.* (ka-50_easy........) folder?

Edited by USSR_Rik

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

What kind of keyboard do you use (please, provide link to description if possible)?

Try to clear (for example) ABRIS control keys (1, 2, 3, 4) and remap your =, [, ], \ keys to them - will they works?

Do you assign keys and fly simulator in the same mode ("real")? (stupid question, but...).

Do you use any 3rd party keyboard mapping software?

Did you change or replace any files from ..\Config\Input\Aircrafts\ka-50\*.* (ka-50_easy........) folder?

Its a Logitech 104 key PS/2 keyboard, using the standard Vista drivers (brand new install of Vista) and no 3rd party apps. The only apps I have running are the TrackIR software, Saitek profiler, Fraps, and Nod32.

I've tried with Nod32 disabled and enabled and I've tried running BS as admin. Vista's UAC is disabled. I haven't made any changes to the files in ..\Config.

I'm assigning and playing in simulation mode. This is how my keys map:

"=" maps to "Prev" and then works

"[" maps to "AT" and doesn't work

"]" maps to "["

"\" maps to "]"

None of my keys will map as "\"

So I have to use "]" and "\" for the tracking gate because they map to "[" and "]", and move the radio key from "\" to RCtrl Bkspc.

I'll try clearing an Abris key later and see if I can map one of the trouble keys in its place... but I think I've done something like this already.

Edited by ru!ner

• ED Team

Sorry, don't understand. What means

"=" maps to "Prev" ........

"[" maps to "AT"

"=" by default is "Shkval Narrow View 23x" - what action do you assign in game?

"[" by default is "TV Target frame Decrease size" - ?

"]" by default is "TV Target frame Increase size" - ?

"\" by default is "Communication menu" - ?

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

When I map a command in the options, if I press the "=" key instead of showing up as "=" the game says I pressed the "Prev" key. The default mapping for Shkval 23x is "=" but if I don't remap it and try to use "=", nothing happens. If I remap it and press "=", the game detects it as "Prev" but it starts working then.

The problem is my "[" key. When I try to map it the game detects it as "AT" and it doesn't work.

sorry... maybe this is a "stupid" question. but couldn´t find a solution up to now..

i seem to have a similar problem. maybe it is related to my GERMAN keyboard layout (e.g. ö,ä,ü etc.). tried to get a german key list with run bat-file-national in directory input_parser. but output txt-file looks like the englisch version. any idea how to get a key-list which fits the the german keybord layout?

I have the exact same problem using a logitech G15 keyboard. I have not found any way around it. It also has the same issue when I use XP. Flaming Cliffs had the same problem. My best guess is that there is something strange about logitech keyboards that BS does not take into account.

My only "solution" was to just manually remap the in-game keys to what they should be on my keyboard.

• ED Team
any idea how to get a key-list which fits the the german keybord layout?
Yes, known. It's a bug, will be fixed in patch.

G.K. Chesterton

@rik thx for info! i found a workaround that seesm to work for me. i am running XP. switching the language in XP to "englisch" and using the same key-location of an englisch keyboard-layout on the german-keyboard produces the correct information for the game. side-information: i am running SST for my X52. changing the language in XP will not change anything in the SST software (old version with .dat file).... funny

• 4 weeks later...
When I map a command in the options, if I press the "=" key instead of showing up as "=" the game says I pressed the "Prev" key. The default mapping for Shkval 23x is "=" but if I don't remap it and try to use "=", nothing happens. If I remap it and press "=", the game detects it as "Prev" but it starts working then.

The problem is my "[" key. When I try to map it the game detects it as "AT" and it doesn't work.

I'm having a problem mapping my =[]\ keys in-game. I have to remap = to itself, then it shows up as Prev but works. [ doesn't work, but ] and \ map to [ and ]... so I remapped my radio key away from \ to fix my tracking gate size keys. All of my other keys work fine though (that I know of).

I had this problem with the Russian version on both XP and Vista 32. I thought it was an international keyboard issue and would go away with the English release but it hasn't.

I'm now using the English release in Vista 32 with a Saitek X52 Pro and TrackIR 4. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

I have the same bug with ASUS n50VN laptop, using English Vista 32bit, location set to: United States, keyboard to ENGLISH US.

Firstly I noticed ingame that I am unable to switch between Shkval 7x 23xm then I went to OPTIONS menu, found the corresponding = command, I reassign, I press = on my keyboard, and what happens? Program is assigning something called "Prev"... What the hell?

I have no 3rd party profiling software running, nor any extern super-mice, controller or whatever.

I am unable to solve this issue. Some keys just don't work. ED please help.

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• ED Team

Please, try to reassign these Shkval Narrow/Wide keys to (for example) "9", "0" (clear before old assignments - ABRIS Brightness Up/Down) - is it work?

G.K. Chesterton

Yes, reassigning fixes, however there are many commands with modifiers that need to me changed too. Also I noticed also other keys are not recognized correctly :(

physical = key is recognized as Prev

physical [ key is recognized as AT

physical ] key is recognized as [

physical \ key is recognized as ]

Very weird...

I wonder if there's more...

This problem does not exist in any other game/app I have. It is isolated to DCS:BS and LO:FC only. I'll be glad if you guys figure out what sort of bug this is and get rid of it in the next patch.

Do you want any system information from me? DXDIAG, or SISOFT SANDRA DIAG?

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

I am still trying to pinpoint what is causing this issue with keys under LO:FC and DCS:BS.

They are assigned correctly in all the other games, except these two.

Can someone tech-wise could guide me why am I experiencing this?

ASUS N50VN + VISTA SP1 install that came with laptop.

I am totally lost now. It is so annoying to me that I really want to find a conclusive solution, not just some rough workaround :helpsmilie:

tail# 44 or 444

I have the exact same problem using a logitech G15 keyboard. I have not found any way around it. It also has the same issue when I use XP. Flaming Cliffs had the same problem. My best guess is that there is something strange about logitech keyboards that BS does not take into account.

My only "solution" was to just manually remap the in-game keys to what they should be on my keyboard.

@ Wombat the exatly the same thing I had to do remap all the keys on my G15 board I still cant get the G mod keys to work. did you manage it?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I also have severe problems with my G15 keyboard (Vista32 drivers).

The F(unction) keys have changed completely,

F1 shows up as F5

F2 is suddenly F4

F3 is F7 bla,bla,bla...

The "number" key on my german layout wich is in the position of the key for communication shows the "number" sign in a notepad document but shows the "Backslash" f.e. when I try to assign it in game or shows the / (slash) when trying to assign it as a hotkey in the TIR software (latest software).

Any solution welcome.

sharkfin

Edited by sharkfin61

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

I also have severe problems with my G15 keyboard (Vista32 drivers).

The F(unction) keys have changed completely,

F1 shows up as F5

F2 is suddenly F4

F3 is F7 bla,bla,bla...

The "number" key on my german layout wich is in the position of the key for communication shows the "number" sign in a notepad document but shows the "Backslash" f.e. when I try to assign it in game or shows the / (slash) when trying to assign it as a hotkey in the TIR software (latest software).

Any solution welcome.

sharkfin

check your G Keys and you'll see that there enabled as F keys. I'm think Logitech needs to be brought in on this?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I know that G1 enables the F1 key, G2 enables F2, G3 ... in the standard profil, however, if I create a new profile, the (orig.)F1 key remains F5 (function) and so on... :(

sharkfin out!

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Well I creat a profile with those G keys and they don't work.

Im having the same problem with my HP pavillion D7 laptop.

It seems that when the game runs the keyboard is seen as a US keyboard and not as a UK keyboard. This causes all sorts of problems especially for comms as the "\" key is not recognised at all:mad:

I have this game installed on my desktop with no problems (both running Vista) with that keyboard.

So come on ED get your finger out as this is a show stopper for me and a major blunder by one of your team and to have to wait for the next patch (when the Disk ver is out??) is not really fair on those who have paid for the English DL ver.

• ED Team

I can propose only one solution for special keyboards and some notebooks (laptops) - to remap these "problem" keys.

G.K. Chesterton

Had an issue on my laptop when trying to get the trim indication (RCtrl-Enter) on screen. Didn't work until I disabled the Numpad.

sharkfin out!